2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing about Cenk is he will score goals if he gets chances the problem is he can't play up front on his own he lacks the pace and doesn't hold the ball up enough. Today showed both sides decent finishing and poor control of the ball we need better.

The fact that he could net twice showed that our poor midfields are to blame for the goal drought, for him and DCL.

He did show the sign. And the message was clearly understood, just check the Turkish Twitter. This Ottoman lebensraum-believer shouldn't be playing for Everton ever again, first of all b/c of his skills. This is however on my mind the final nail in his coffin.

He did show the sign. And the message was clearly understood, just check the Turkish Twitter. This Ottoman lebensraum-believer shouldn't be playing for Everton ever again, first of all b/c of his skills. This is however on my mind the final nail in his coffin.

There's also a fair bit of (alleged - who knows) Turkish fans saying that it's a pretty standard sign which has been taken on by the far-right group.

I don't know enough to say either way. If it was the sign it's not right and he does have previous as he was involved in that Turkey celebration a few years back.

However, I imagine if it was Richarlison who had used a controversial symbol in a celebration, then our fans would be defending him.

Basically, it's because Tosun isn't very good that people are out for him. Whether he made the sign or not.

I don't think he should be playing for us because he isn't very good. It's crap that we're still relying on him.

FWIW, I actually thought he did okay today. Took his chance early, scored from the next chance he had. Should have done better with the one in extra-time.

If he's made that celebration it's wrong but it's up to the club to investigate further. Not fans to make up their minds that he's definitely in support of a far-right group just because he's not very good.

Took his goal well today.

He is not a "terrible" player as such, never really has been, he is just really unsuited to the English game for me as he is glacier slow. His runs behind defences etc are actually pretty good.

Did all he could today seeing as he was isolated for large parts of the game.

Hopefully someone in need of a striker was watching anyway.

As for his celebrations and stuff, I don't really care too much about that, I can't pretend to know too much about the circumstances because I am not Turkish.

Then again neither is he really.

There's also a fair bit of (alleged - who knows) Turkish fans saying that it's a pretty standard sign which has been taken on by the far-right group.

I don't know enough to say either way. If it was the sign it's not right and he does have previous as he was involved in that Turkey celebration a few years back.

However, I imagine if it was Richarlison who had used a controversial symbol in a celebration, then our fans would be defending him.

Basically, it's because Tosun isn't very good that people are out for him. Whether he made the sign or not.

I don't think he should be playing for us because he isn't very good. It's crap that we're still relying on him.

FWIW, I actually thought he did okay today. Took his chance early, scored from the next chance he had. Should have done better with the one in extra-time.

If he's made that celebration it's wrong but it's up to the club to investigate further. Not fans to make up their minds that he's definitely in support of a far-right group just because he's not very good.
He can say whatever he likes. but the fact is it's a sign for Ottoman lebensraum-believers. He shouldn't be playing for Everton ever again, first of all b/c of his skills.

This is on my mind the final nail in his coffin. And I'm by no means "progressive" or "intersectional" in my values & beliefs. Still that kind of neo-fascism has no space. Saw enough of these [Poor language removed] in the Horn of Africa & Uganda.

Wow that’s next level stupid, again when Owen, like Dom, didn’t score he still got involved in games. Tosun contributed the square root of FA for 110 of his 120 minutes on the pitch, summed up by getting gently nudged by a no mark into an LED board
No it isn’t, Owen was world class and he was world class because of his finishing and pace yet did very little apart from that. Dom does so much more because he has to do the job of 2 strikers, hold the ball up, flick on, chase everything, press defenders etc. My point is Owen would be indivisible for 60 minutes then pop up and score. Tosun today did very little but contributed by scoring. Dom has struggled for his 2 games at least to contribute with anything (more than likely because he’s been ran into the ground).

He can say whatever he likes. but the fact is it's a sign for Ottoman lebensraum-believers. He shouldn't be playing for Everton ever again, first of all b/c of his skills.

This is on my mind the final nail in his coffin. And I'm by no means "progressive" or "intersectional" in my values & beliefs. Still that kind of neo-fascism has no space. Saw enough of these [Poor language removed] in the Horn of Africa & Uganda.

I have no idea of the symbol, so like I said, I can't judge on its meaning.

However, it's very difficult to prove intent. The club have asked Tosun, he's answered them.

My point is, if it was Richarlison who made a sign which is the equivalent to Brazilian people, I don't think we'd see fans saying it was the final nail in the coffin. They'd actively be looking for reasons to defend him.

As it's Tosun, the attitude is basically to stoke the fire and throw him to the wolves (pardon the pun).

Again, I stress, I have no knowledge of the background to this. I've not got the foggiest about Turkish culture or politics. Have to just trust the club to investigate this further if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.