2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we'd all want him gone,but in context the brace at Stoke away given our form at the time covers what we paid for him.

I’ll always remember him for coming on in that miserable Cup tie in the downpour at Millwall and promptly scoring to put us up a goal. Of course we conceded two minutes later and we know the rest, but for that two minutes he was a hero.

To be honest, Walsh at the AGM at the Philarmonic Hall, just after Allardyce had joined the club, said. “ Both me and the manager have to agree that the player is right for the club, if either of us say no then the player will not be signed” Seems like if Allardyce wasn’t sure of Tosun he should have opened his mouth and said so. How either of them could give the nod to sign him is beyond belief, you only had to look at the complete lack of pace to begin with, we signed him too quickly and it will take an awful long time to shift him, the end of his contract looks a good bet.

"How either of them could give the nod to sign him is beyond belief"

It's not beyond belief we were in a relegation battle and in danger, anything up front was better than nothing.

I doubt local lad Sam had much knowledge of Tosun and then Walsh throws him on the table, with probably a few other less than fantastic buys for £20m. I doubt Allardyce wanted him but under the circumstances had to have him.

Shopping in the January window and a poor DOF got us Tosun.

In the DOF setup, the manager will always end up choosing from the pool of players the DOF wants, if the manager suggests players and the DOF approves then they then join the DOFs pool of players, else the manager can't have them.

Just like in the sweet shop when I was five and told "No you can't have them!".

“ Both me and the manager have to agree that the player is right for the club" - A load of crap!

"How either of them could give the nod to sign him is beyond belief"

It's not beyond belief we were in a relegation battle and in danger, anything up front was better than nothing.

I doubt local lad Sam had much knowledge of Tosun and then Walsh throws him on the table, with probably a few other less than fantastic buys for £20m. I doubt Allardyce wanted him but under the circumstances had to have him.

Shopping in the January window and a poor DOF got us Tosun.

In the DOF setup, the manager will always end up choosing from the pool of players the DOF wants, if the manager suggests players and the DOF approves then they then join the DOFs pool of players, else the manager can't have them.

Just like in the sweet shop when I was five and told "No you can't have them!".

“ Both me and the manager have to agree that the player is right for the club" - A load of crap!
“ A load of crap” We’ll that’s what the man said, Walsh, heard it with my own ears.

Seeing his IG posts, looks like he is very fit, injury free at last. First he will ask Carlo's opinion obv, then a move to Palace is imminent. Good luck, his goal versus Stoke is the one I will never forget. Too bad he was slow.

Seeing his IG posts, looks like he is very fit, injury free at last. First he will ask Carlo's opinion obv, then a move to Palace is imminent. Good luck, his goal versus Stoke is the one I will never forget. Too bad he was slow.

Cwoar. A Crowd. Stoke on Trent. Crowd of mutants. Pickfird flapping. Bolassie. DCL missing a sitter.

Its got it all that clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.