2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t no. That isn’t what happened in the FI....quite the opposite. International law is made and adhered to by recognised states and groups such as the UN and written by people far more intelligent and better educated than you or I. Personally I’m proud to live in a country that protects its sovereignty and assists others to do the same where appropriate. You clearly are not, fortunately you live in a society where it is acceptable to spout off your anti establishment rhetoric wherever you see fit. I do think it’s in poor taste that you use the FI to try and make and make a point when you clearly have little knowledge of it, particularly when there may be family members or friends of those who lost their life in it in this forum.
This is an interesting take on Britain's role in geopolitics.

I’m sure you are more versed in the subject than any of us. My point was simply that using the FI as a comparison was wildly off the mark. Politics aside, I don’t think cenk is the answer to our problems at this moment in time. Would happily be proven wrong.

FI is quite a far fetched analogy, IRA would suit better in this context. For the uninitiated, PKK is recognized as a terrorist organization by the USA and the EU, and YPG is recognized by the USA to be affliated with PKK.

A suicide bomber trained by YPG killed 38 people after a football game right outside Besiktas stadium in 2016.

BBC news article about the event

I hope they get their own land someday and this violence ends but they are not the flower boys as western media show them to be.

I don't aim to change anyone's view on politics but there are always two sides of the story. Try and listen the other side before you develop quite strong opinions.

I don’t no. That isn’t what happened in the FI....quite the opposite. International law is made and adhered to by recognised states and groups such as the UN and written by people far more intelligent and better educated than you or I. Personally I’m proud to live in a country that protects its sovereignty and assists others to do the same where appropriate. You clearly are not, fortunately you live in a society where it is acceptable to spout off your anti establishment rhetoric wherever you see fit. I do think it’s in poor taste that you use the FI to try and make and make a point when you clearly have little knowledge of it, particularly when there may be family members or friends of those who lost their life in it in this forum.
All sounds very grand and high falutin but behind the flag waving the reality was an arrogant government ignored the advice of its own foreign office and armed forces chiefs and as a result was forced to sacrifice the lives of brave young men to cover its own negligence. Despicable.
‘Twas ever thus.

This is an interesting take on Britain's role in geopolitics.
Google ISAF, Resolute Support and Op shader (to name just a few) and read their mandates. Very easy to sit behind a computer disillusioned with ‘the regime’ just because it’s an easy and popular narrative to align with. Anyway gotten far away from anything tosun related. I’ll leave the politics to politicians. They’re the ones who have acquired those positions and get to make the big decisions.

Google ISAF, Resolute Support and Op shader (to name just a few) and read their mandates. Very easy to sit behind a computer disillusioned with ‘the regime’ just because it’s an easy and popular narrative to align with. Anyway gotten far away from anything tosun related. I’ll leave the politics to politicians. They’re the ones who have acquired those positions and get to make the big decisions.
to be fair, there's no way this thread should be 55 pages :D

Would Cenk not be a good option from the bench, losing we can use him in the air and he does put himself about

Be interesting how he will fare against sized French defenders (Zouma and co) tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.