2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all you say about about Cenk. Were we differ is this constantly being ashamed or disgusted about what Britain did many years ago. Just gets on my nerves. Should the Italians be ashamed for what the Roman did to.people years ago. Should all.muslims and Christians being ashamed for what was done in the name of Christ or Mohammed. Should all Africans be ashamed for their role in rounding up and selling off other Africans in the slave trade.
Heavy stuff now
Ooh look another strawman argument.

Don't wanna be a Erdogan mouthpiece (have never voted for him and never will) but it is not as simple. You have heard civilians died in Turkish side of the border, how so then? YPG firing missiles regularly from the Syrian side, sure Turkish government should also not choose to attack full force rather use the diplomatic channels but we have two idiot leaders like Trump and Erdogan, so it has come to this unfortunately. A bit Israel-like this one, on Palestinian soil. Which I support neither.

Anyway, Cenk didn't order the offensive and don't think he has any fanatical views particularly, and salute thing was as I explained, let's focus his football
I'm not sure that does him any favours

Without boring everyone and veering wildly off topic, the FI was recognised in international law as being under British sovereignty and, perhaps more importantly, by its residents. Argentina utilised it and to some extent, continue to do so, as a nationalist rallying cry to distract from internal corruption and a poorly performing economy. That aside perhaps a modicum of respect should be considered to the memories and families of the young men who died protecting the freedom of the residents of those islands. If nothing else such freedoms afford you the right to express your disdain for the governments actions...something which would be frowned upon under the erdogan regime you seemingly afford sympathy for. On topic... he’s slow, the wrong age and not, in my opinion, Everton standard. We have two athletic young lads with very different attributes in Dom and Kean. If we are going to give any duo a run it should be those two. Have to be an athlete first in this league unless you’re exceptionally gifted. Tosun is neither.
Whilst I too don't want to veer off topic ,may I just ask one question ,Do you think sailing around the world landing ashore anywhere the wind takes you ,killing or enslaving the "locals" and planting a flag really should give you sovereignty?

Whilst I too don't want to veer off topic ,may I just ask one question ,Do you think sailing around the world landing ashore anywhere the wind takes you ,killing or enslaving the "locals" and planting a flag really should give you sovereignty?
Thanks for America!

I don’t no. That isn’t what happened in the FI....quite the opposite. International law is made and adhered to by recognised states and groups such as the UN and written by people far more intelligent and better educated than you or I. Personally I’m proud to live in a country that protects its sovereignty and assists others to do the same where appropriate. You clearly are not, fortunately you live in a society where it is acceptable to spout off your anti establishment rhetoric wherever you see fit. I do think it’s in poor taste that you use the FI to try and make and make a point when you clearly have little knowledge of it, particularly when there may be family members or friends of those who lost their life in it in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.