2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
where is this proper #9? Newcastle and west ham both spent 50m on strikers over the summer both with a sensational combined goal return of 7 which is less than DCL and both older than DCL
Haller i think would have done better here than West Ham,I don’t rate joelinton though. He’s ageing but some one like Dzeko would be ideal, manzukic would have also been goog but I think he’s recently moved to somewhere like Asia I think. Age doesn’t bother me atm, I just want to see someone capable up there.

Haller i think would have done better here than West Ham,I don’t rate joelinton though. He’s ageing but some one like Dzeko would be ideal, manzukic would have also been goog but I think he’s recently moved to somewhere like Asia I think. Age doesn’t bother me atm, I just want to see someone capable up there.

I like Haller a lot, but he's slower than Tosun. You need to play to his strengths to get the most out of him.

Joelinton is a funny player - odd skill set for a centre forward. But I think there's a proper player in there if they play to his strengths. Not many players around his size with the sort of control and running ability he has.

I like Haller a lot, but he's slower than Tosun. You need to play to his strengths to get the most out of him.

Joelinton is a funny player - odd skill set for a centre forward. But I think there's a proper player in there if they play to his strengths. Not many players around his size with the sort of control and running ability he has.
We just need Lukaku back, job done.

weird loan that, he says he wants to go and play first team football

over who? they play 1 upfront and that ayew has been alrite this season hasn't he?

then they've got benteke? maybe hes getting sold but then it means tosun will get the odd minute but hardly going to be a starter

ideal world he slots a few between now and the end of the season and they take him off our hands

final nail in the coffin was when he missed the first pen vs Leicester in the cup, criminal that

Part of me thinks that he's a striker that will fit in with Hodgoson's system, will now be on a club where the players actually seem to like each other and therefore will do quite well.

The other part of me thinks he's just rubbish.

weird loan that, he says he wants to go and play first team football

over who? they play 1 upfront and that ayew has been alrite this season hasn't he?

then they've got benteke? maybe hes getting sold but then it means tosun will get the odd minute but hardly going to be a starter

ideal world he slots a few between now and the end of the season and they take him off our hands

final nail in the coffin was when he missed the first pen vs Leicester in the cup, criminal that

He will play plenty for Palace.

I never thought he gave less than 100% & looked like (in the right system) he could score goals. Unfortunately, not up to the standards we need, so good luck to him.

Let’s hope Sigurdsson & Schneiderlin are next.

I'd have a smile too if I managed to hoodwink thousands of pounds a week out of some badly run club with delusions of grandeur. I'm sure he's a nice guy and has a big willy but on the pitch he's a bad bald fraud.

We've had many worse frauds than him

Wages more important than fee, then you rue the fact we didn’t get fees whilst getting a % or his wages paid! Mirallas, for example, was on loan for about 15 years on various loans.We we’re getting loan fees AND saving on a large percentage of his wages. The 10m fee you mention for him, I wouldn’t have thought we’d be that far off that when the loan fees and wages saved were added up through the terms of the various loans. How’d you know we could have got 10m for him Anyway? We probably could have done but his wage demands obviously put an end to that. Both, player and club have to agree for him to move on or he sits on his contract.
Selling isn’t as easy as you think though and loaning players is sometimes the only solution because we give silly contracts. Not many players are gonna give up 100k contract when other clubs may only pay half that, so loan is the only option to get some of them wages back. Sandro? Bolasie? Mirallas? Probably Siggy all fall into that bracket. Do you really think that if a player is not wanted we wouldn’t do whichever is financially the best? We may be really badly run but something as simple as taking a fee (if the player agrees) or sending someone on loan. I trust the club to choose whichever is financially more viable.

Totally agree when a loan is sometimes the only option. However when you hear reports that we wanted £20m for both Bolasie and Tosun it suggests we clearly priced many clubs out of buying them. We end up accepting a paltry bid to pay 60% of their wages on deadline day.
Added to the fact having absolute whoppers like Mirallas and Bolasie around does nothing for morale! And Cuco the clown could injure someone on training he is that clumsy!

Status
Not open for further replies.