2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tosun looks like someone who can't really be arsed with pre-season, so I'm not too worried about his current form.

I reckon he'll be good for 10-15 in the league next season.

We've got a few players who are top 4 calibre, Coleman, Pickford and then possibly Walcott, Digne and Richarlison at a push.

Then we have a load of players who are the quality of a championship team or relegation scrapper

Tosun us in the third group, way short of a top 4 quality player, but considerably better than a load of the fodder in this league, same goes for Gueye, Sigurdsson and a few others.

The key is not to replace that third group of players as they are basically at the level we are realistically at, but to get rid of the second calibre of players and replace them with ones with the potential to be top 4 calibre

Only after that do you start to replace those lads, it's basically what spurs, the rs and now arsenal are trying to do.

It's hard to do though mate, as we have often given them enormous wage packages.

It's the pre-season, calm down a bit about individual performances. All will be performing either a bit or way more than what they are now.

Regardless individual performances of Cenk or anyone in the pre-season, performance "as a team" is more concerning IMO. Everton has signed Richarlison so far, only one name. Players that Everton sold weren't even regular starting XI or were hardly in the rotation so, basically, the team is the same team and were playing together for the whole season but they don't look like they are in harmony.

Yes that fine, but expect the rest of the squad to chip in with a few, dont forget our leading goal scorer didnt get that many last season. The worry is at the back, not how many we are going to score
The defence is not great but I can’t see where the goals are coming from either

Turkish girl runs into Tosun while sightseeing in Liverpool, says "I am fan of you and kopites" Cenk: "no problem" (in turkish) and takes the photo anyway haha

Just imagine how much service this fella could receive this season if Silva sets us up properly.

Scored a decent few last season under a terribly negative manager. Now we've got someone more progressive at the helm and he'll have all of Walcott, Sigurdsson, Bernard and Richarlison feeding him in the final third.

Compare that to this time last season when it was DCL alone up front being fed by Gylfi and Wazza on the wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.