Confirmed Signing Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is reported that evertons offer is at 22m euros plus bonus which besiktas likely wont get. 22m euros is not a good offer by any means. cenk will draw at least that kind of a bid at the end of the season and he will definetely help us with the league if not in CL. finding a suitable replacement in this break wont be easy. I would say anything below 28m euros upfront makes no sense for us and I am sure Fıkret Orman has the same mindset.

Really want him to debut against the rs but big sams tactics will have everyone on here fuming about another £20m+ being wasted

I don't think I have ever before seen the chairman of a selling club travel to the country of the buying club to put a deal to bed. It does show their intention and desire to conclude a deal and I expect it will be finalised this evening. If anything it possibly weakens the bargaining position of the selling club as it shows a clear agreement to sell.

I think the differences between the clubs cannot be too huge and it should be possible to tie off the loose ends as it would look poor to travel this far and fail to get a fee for a player that has in truth already moved on from Besiktas.

I don't think I have ever before seen the chairman of a selling club travel to the country of the buying club to put a deal to bed. It does show their intention and desire to conclude a deal and I expect it will be finalised this evening. If anything it possibly weakens the bargaining position of the selling club as it shows a clear agreement to sell.

I think the differences between the clubs cannot be too huge and it should be possible to tie off the loose ends as it would look poor to travel this far and fail to get a fee for a player that has in truth already moved on from Besiktas.

make no mistake about cenk. if he is told to stay, he will. he is a fan of besiktas beyond his contract. also common sense in turkey is he can end up at totenham or liverpool if those two teams sell their strikers.

I also think the differences are not huge for everton, a couple of million pounds just make no difference on your side. but converting that amount to turkish liras it is a deal breaker.

..reports suggest he’s also here to negotiate with Leicester for Slimani (I think it was him).

..reports suggest he’s also here to negotiate with Leicester for Slimani (I think it was him).

What @Eggs said. He is in London and will meet with EFC side but later he will meet with other clubs/agents too.

Makes sense. One forward out, one forward in. Probably not a huge difference in fees either. What did Leicester sign Slimani for, somewhere similar to what we're quoted for Jenk if my memory isn't tricking me (value has probably declined a bit now mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.