Cazoo to replace Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the difference here is they are main sponsor for all teams. 1st team, woods, under 23 etc.
Where as for us it just first team. So we are looking at other sponsors for women’s and youth teams?

Well done to the Villa commercial team for getting £15m p/a plus a "survival" bonus of £2m.

What did we get?

I love how some people just make it up, when they have no idea, just to see the fume on here. There is no way anyone would give villa £15m per season, its more likely to be £5m per year over 3 seasons and be dependant on them being a Premier league team and not a championship team

I think the difference here is they are main sponsor for all teams. 1st team, woods, under 23 etc.
Where as for us it just first team. So we are looking at other sponsors for women’s and youth teams?

We will only get peanuts for the womens/youth team though unless Usmanov sponsers one/both of them.

I love how some people just make it up, when they have no idea, just to see the fume on here. There is no way anyone would give villa £15m per season, its more likely to be £5m per year over 3 seasons and be dependant on them being a Premier league team and not a championship team

Its a totally different sort of deal as well. Its pretty much the same as we get for our first team shirts, but it also includes the whole club being a Cazoo branded thing, including all over Villa Park.

It's been reported by a few sources that it's £29m over 3 years - pretty much the same as our deal.

There's this plus the fact that not having a gambling firm on the shirt opens up a few more opportunities for sleeve sponsors as some companies do not want to have a link with a gambling / alcohol firm regardless of how tenuos.

The truth of the matter is that until there is a chance of regular Champions League exposure then the biggest sponsorship deals remain out of reach and we do end up on the level of Aston Villa or Newcastle. Finishing mid-table and not winning stuff are what defines the level of sponsorship deal.

We're a midtable club who hasn't done anything of note in the past 10 years and some are surprised we have the same deal as relegated Villa?

We're a midtable club who hasn't done anything of note in the past 10 years and some are surprised we have the same deal as relegated Villa?
Similar size clubs I grant you. But because we are a PL club, whereas they won’t be, we should have got a better deal.

Do we know what the terms of the deal with Cazoo are? I heard on the grapevine that the deal, though over 3 years is based upon annual reviews based up on Cazoo's performance. If their profits increase then we get a percentage increase on sponsorship, but if it decreases, then we stay with what we have over the 3 year term. Basically, like backing a winning horse, or getting your money back. Given the background of the fella that started it and his past successes, even the growth of the company already then our deal 'could' end up much better than Villa.

Status
Not open for further replies.