Cazoo to replace Sportpesa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like cazoo are putting a very high percentage of there raised cash into marketing to raise the profile , if online used car buying doesn’t take off they probably won’t exist in three years and we will be looking for a new sponsor .
The guy has had success in the online housing market with Zoopla but you still see the product before you buy not too sure I’d buy a used car before seeing it myself . Will be interesting to see if this form of the purchase on the internet takes off .

Tend to agree. This recent increase in funding for new on line ventures reminds me very much of the last dot com bubble.

I cant imagine anyone buying a used car without seeing it. Maybe they have a 2 week refund policy or sommet similar, but not for me.

Lob in Covid, well, not a great time.

Quite disappointing if we are getting the same as Villa from the same company which is exactly what it appears to be.
There is no financial information about the value of Villa's deal so I wouldn't be disappointed yet. They apparently got £6m from W88 for this year so I can't see Cazoo giving them an extra £4m when they are quite likely to get relegated. It's also telling that in their official announcement there is no mention of it being a record deal so I doubt it's near ours.

There is no financial information about the value of Villa's deal so I wouldn't be disappointed yet. They apparently got £6m from W88 for this year so I can't see Cazoo giving them an extra £4m when they are quite likely to get relegated. It's also telling that in their official announcement there is no mention of it being a record deal so I doubt it's near ours.
It was posted a few pages back

29m over 3 years. 1 of those years will be in the championship. Doesn’t look a great deal now for us.

That's talking about our deal. It's just worded poorly.

Aston Villa becomes the second English football team to be sponsored by Cazoo in a number of weeks, as it signed a deal to become the main partner and shirt sponsor of Premier League football club, Everton.

The sponsorship deal, widely reported to be worth £29m over three years, is said to be the largest non-betting deal in the Premiership, will take effect from the end of the current season.

Aston Villa becomes the second English football team to be sponsored by Cazoo in a number of weeks, as it signed a deal to become the main partner and shirt sponsor of Premier League football club, Everton.

The sponsorship deal, widely reported to be worth £29m over three years, is said to be the largest non-betting deal in the Premiership, will take effect from the end of the current season.

[/QUO

There is a difference with this deal, as we are looking for a different partner for the women's sides and academy - which will no doubt impact the value: “We’re delighted to be partnering with Aston Villa and supporting the Club’s men’s and women’s sides as well as their academy and charitable efforts.”

At least we were first to announce - but in general, really disappointed we didn't agree any kind of exclusivity as it evidences it was a much better deal for them than us, and likely limited interest within the income brackets we wanted. I know many have and will quote previous examples of teams having the same shirt sponsor - as it is with our current sponsor - but I want us to be better than that commercially and as a desired brand.

I wonder if we knew or have been caught with our pants down? If the latter, I assume heads will roll as I don't imagine Mosh and DBB would be that impressed (albeit she should have known if she was the one that signed on the dotted line).

I would love us to have a Plan B - a clause that enables us to get out as a result of this and another partner in our back pocket - to show we have some commercial clout... but this is Everton!

Status
Not open for further replies.