Carlo At Everton.

I don't blame him for leaving

Imagine that you have no real connection to Everton in any way and you're offered the chance to manage Everton or Real Madrid

Literally only the most entrenched Evertonian's are staying here

It is what it is

It could be frustrating sometimes when he was manager, but he got a decent enough return out of a pretty cack squad and he gave us that win at Anfield after years of trying

Nothing but love for the A Man
He had been there and done it at Madrid though. If he was going to leave the project at the first time of asking he should not have took the job.

His last few months were awful too.

What could have been.

I really should dislike him more after Istanbul and 'can't beat the kids,' but on the matter of feeling as though he was sold a bill of goods by Moshiri, I definitely know how he feels.

He had been there and done it at Madrid though. If he was going to leave the project at the first time of asking he should not have took the job.

His last few months were awful too.

What could have been.
He was at Napoli before us so I doubt he expected a call from Madrid. And you say he'd been there and done that but he's won the Champions League since so his decision has been fully vindicated.

He was sacked at Napoli long after we were desperately trying to find a manager.

Opportunistic, ambitious grab by us, and I think we conned him big style with fake promises and no doubt, insane money too.

He held all the cards as being Carlo Ancelotti, and us being without a manager for so long.

We were unlucky Zidane left as he did, and Ancelotti was available for free.

Such a shame Covid hit when it did. Don't blame him for leaving - the club was, and remains a chaotic mess.

"The Chairman (Bill Kenwright who passed away in October 2023) would often sit in at these meetings giving advice which we found strange as this was something I had not seen at other football clubs.”

We are an absolute parody of a club!

He was at Napoli before us so I doubt he expected a call from Madrid. And you say he'd been there and done that but he's won the Champions League since so his decision has been fully vindicated.
I don't blame him for doing it at all. Its up to him, I'm not upset about it or anything.

I just don't get why he bothered with us anyway if he wasn't going to see it through. It's not like he was a young manager making his way upwards in the game.

I do feel like he left because he was not going to be able to sign more Allan's etc as we were skint.

I don't blame him for doing it at all. Its up to him, I'm not upset about it or anything.

I just don't get why he bothered with us anyway if he wasn't going to see it through. It's not like he was a young manager making his way upwards in the game.

I do feel like he left because he was not going to be able to sign more Allan's etc as we were skint.

Money.

He was conned as to the level of ambition/support available.

"The Chairman (Bill Kenwright who passed away in October 2023) would often sit in at these meetings giving advice which we found strange as this was something I had not seen at other football clubs.”

We are an absolute parody of a club!

The quote was a blag mate, it's not real.

[MODERATOR EDIT: These quotes are not verified and almost certainly fake]

Interesting interview with Davide Ancelotti about their time, relationships and events at Everton.:

“Me and my father (Carlo Ancelotti) enjoyed our time at Everton. We came in at the end of 2019 with a plan to get the club to where we all felt it deserved to be, competing at the top.

The owner (Farhad Moshiri) sold us a vision which really excited us, we knew then that this was the place to really achieve that. The club had clearly went through a period of instability and we were determined to change that.

Everyone knows that the Premier League isn’t easy, that first season was difficult. Everton was at the wrong end of the table when we took over. What we took from that season was the assessment of the squad and how we would improve that in the Summer.

Unfortunately by this time, the world was a few months into a pandemic. This had a significant impact on Football and the financial implications were great. This is something we had to work with.

That summer (2020) we were able to do some business to improve the squad including bringing in a player me and my father knew very well in James Rodriguez. However during this time problems began, there was a number of disagreements with the Director of Football (Marcel Brands) on strategy.

He (Brands) wanted players which we felt weren’t the right fit for Everton, in the end we came to an agreement on the players we would pursue but this was a long and difficult process.

The Chairman (Bill Kenwright who passed away in October 2023) would often sit in at these meetings giving advice which we found strange as this was something I had not seen at other football clubs.”

Following the summer we started the season (2020/21) really well and we were confident that the club could really achieve european Football. There was of course a couple of poor runs throughout the season which ultimately cost us and we finished 10th, this was very disappointing.

My father had grown increasingly frustrated with the business done in the January window that season and after a meeting with the Chairman at the end of the season we discovered that the club had very little to spend in the summer (2021).

We were also told this was something unlikely to change for a number of years, at this point I think my father had made his decision that this project was coming to an end.

Just a day after this meeting Real Madrid had approached us to take over there, it was a pretty easy decision but that isn’t out of respect for Everton. It’s a wonderful football club however with the serious financial problems it was facing we decided that is was the right decision to leave.”

It might be 'Unverified' but it rings true.
Though no doubt there is a shed load more to come out

Mea culpa if its blag mate,, it just popped up on my feed! ;)

TW are running with it too, https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/23-24/news/44371.html

Sorry, missed this at the time.

They pulled it within hours when realising their mistake.

What happens is - a blag/WUM account makes something up. Crap sites with writers who dont care but have content quotas and paid per article, lift the quotes.

Better sites can then be conned if they dont do a basic sense check.

But it's without doubt, 100% a complete blag.

Mainly due to us having to sell players rather than his management, I would say. Although, there is no doubting his managerial career.

He had Digne, Richarlison, Sirgurdson, James and a fit Calvert Lewin/ Coleman. We've lost those and replaced them with Mykolenko, Mcneil, Harrison, Young and Beto.

The Pig lost the Icelandic babysitter and James. Replaced James with Gray, forced Digne out the door. The shift in players arguably wasn't big enough to go from 10th and 59 points to fighting relegation.

Lampard then had Gray, Onana, Garner, Maupay, Tarko, Coady....

Since Carlo, on paper, the squad shouldn't really be in a relegation scrap. Due to having poor managers who couldn't manage the situation they were in on and off the field. The Pig is a busted gaffer (see him currently), and the job was too much for someone with the lack of experience Lamps had.

Dyche kinda proves this - if we didn't have the points deduction we'd be, what, 11 points clear of the bottom 3.

Sorry, missed this at the time.

They pulled it within hours when realising their mistake.

What happens is - a blag/WUM account makes something up. Crap sites with writers who dont care but have content quotas and paid per article, lift the quotes.

Better sites can then be conned if they dont do a basic sense check.

But it's without doubt, 100% a complete blag.

Reality was Davide was buying a house in the North West and him/Carlo/Brands had looked at targets for transfers. Pre season was also laid out.

Then Real came in.

No doubt behind the scenes more went on. But it's on record they were preparing for the next season.