2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's shifting.

I'd take Nuno but I think he's taken already.

I like the idea of Favre and his football.

But I'd also like to see Lampard given a go here. He'd get in and promote from the academy and get us playing a more vibrant brand of football. He'll be desperate to get in a club and prove himself.

Here's a quote from his time at Derby I liked:

“In terms of style of play, I want to play good football. We want to try to play. We have been one of the teams in the Championship this season who try to play. We try to move the ball through the pitch, rather than being too direct, that’s not my style. It is not the way I want to play.

“I want my team to play good football, but on the other side of that, I want them to be really aggressive and win the ball back."

I rate him, and he's played a big part in this Chelsea team coming to fruition.
Chelsea's youth players and our youth players are chalk and cheese

...so Ancelotti believed.
1622626831411.png

...so Ancelotti believed.
Can't look at our youth teams and think, yeah he's going to have a mason mount type impact. Small is probably our biggest prospect and he's 16, no chance he plays much. Onyango is another but has just had a terrible injury

Yeah fair enough, isn't official yet. But Lille has already sent in a letter to Nice complaining about their approach. Reckon Everton should do the same to those p**** at Madrid?
Yea same article I looked at. Someone said Everton didn't kick up much if a fuss which is us all over. Nothing on compo mentioned which is madness . Id lime someone like Galtier who could work well with Brands

James will probably want to go, but then I wasn't really convinced he was going to stay anyway. Allan might be a bit miffed but I can't see him kicking up a fuss, and from what I've seen of him we are very much his level at this point in his career, he ain't slumming it here. Doucoure would have walked over broken glass to come here the season before we signed him, and again, he is absolutely not getting a better gig than this so would have no reason to go. I repeatedly said I didn't want Ancelotti to be sacked but I won't lie I feel like this is a massive bullet dodged and the opportunity to get back on track. Whether we'll make the right appointment to do that is anyone's guess, but I had no faith whatsoever that we were going anywhere under Ancelotti. He wasn't a good fit at all, and I think the best we could have hoped for was a similar season next year where we just clung on to Europe instead of falling away. There was no chance of lasting success going about things the way he did.

Yes I share a lot of those views. I have been very defensive of Ancelotti, partly because I think the points he's got are better than the league position but partly because in general I think we turn on managers a bit quickly and I am in favour of giving people time. But the doubts certainly started to creep in for me.

I kind of felt we had got to a bit of a fork in the road. One way was the way Ancelotti wanted to go, the other was the way the club probably needs to go if it wants to move in a sustainable direction. I don't think there was anyone in the club who was able/prepared to stand up to Ancelotti and say no, and the concern was that we may have gone further down a rabbit hole.

There is a chance of a re-set now, and the positive is it's not a re-set in mid season with us in or around the relegation zone which leads to a short termism. We finished 30 points above 18th (twice as high) last season so to me there is no excuse for a pragmatic choice of coach. I understand the criticism of Brands, but this has to be his moment to stamp his authority on the club as to what we want to do moving forward. Selecting a coach that fits that brief becomes important.

I think overall we are all a bit guilty of a bit of an old fashioned outlook, that getting the biggest name manager is how you turn a club around. What you really need is a good process, a process that makes sense for where you sit and the to be consistent and patient with it.

The alternative was Ancelotti was going to be to gamble again. Gamble on 2 or 3 players who will offer nothing in terms of "sell on" in the hope we could gate crash the top 4.

It's shifting.

I'd take Nuno but I think he's taken already.

I like the idea of Favre and his football.

But I'd also like to see Lampard given a go here. He'd get in and promote from the academy and get us playing a more vibrant brand of football. He'll be desperate to get in a club and prove himself.

Here's a quote from his time at Derby I liked:

“In terms of style of play, I want to play good football. We want to try to play. We have been one of the teams in the Championship this season who try to play. We try to move the ball through the pitch, rather than being too direct, that’s not my style. It is not the way I want to play.

“I want my team to play good football, but on the other side of that, I want them to be really aggressive and win the ball back."

I rate him, and he's played a big part in this Chelsea team coming to fruition.
I have a curiosity with Lampard for the same reasons. Maybe him and Ferguson could work. Lampard knows us, he certainly kbew how to beat us.
I like the idea of promoting youth players, it has the least impact on the club and the biggest rewards, it takes balls and perserverence, which are in short supply among us.
Other than that, Galtier or Rangnick, even ten Hag, all would give us a 'brand' or 'identity' that the club can latch onto.
We haven't had a footballing identity for absolute beards. I couldn't describe our style of football even if I tried.

You are an absolute melon.
Lacking in humour.
Trying too hard.
Cringeworthy repeats of the same content.

Now explain why what Everton fans writing on a forum has got to do with Ancelotti leaving Everton for Real Madrid as you had previously suggested, preferably without using a bed wetting reference, as it just isn’t that funny.
It's cos Tommy Davo and DCL are on the forum and report back that angry Dad's are being mean. I'd go too tbf.

He's looking for attention, nobody drove Carlo out the club. 99% of fans wanted this whole project to be seen out and for us to be challenging for the top places. Real Madrid came calling and Carlo left, that's it.
We've already established thst you personally are responsible. I have it on good authority Tommy Davo grassed you up to Carlo.

New Osman, him.

Manager of Champions League perennials, Real Madrid?
Or Manager of Everton?

I cant blame him for wanting off. Anyone else see the way he walked into his last game press conf? There was a guy who has consistently won stuff with players and clubs at the highest level, finding himself trying to get a tune out of Richy, Sigurdsson, Coleman and Iwobi this season. I think he'd realised that this was going to be another 2-3 years before we could get the right level and numbers of players in to challenge, so even if we'd got Europe somehow this season he'd have still been off as soon as a top CL club came calling. His name would have been in the hat for any of those open positions this Summer.
Cheers, Carlo. See ya

Looking forward to supporting whoever we get in now - unless its Fat Sam2 and that RS goblin obvs
Me? I'd give it to Dunc.

COYB

This is why the club ie Brands or Moshiri need to come out and state what the plan is. Are we going to go with a younger manager and younger players and build, that sort of thing. We have a chance for a bit of a reset here but it only works if we do it properly. Communication is key here and i think if fans know we actually have a plan they will be fine.
can someone contact mr moshiri right away to tell him simon butties on grandoldteam.com is not happy and wants to speak with the manager.

I have a curiosity with Lampard for the same reasons. Maybe him and Ferguson could work. Lampard knows us, he certainly kbew how to beat us.
I like the idea of promoting youth players, it has the least impact on the club and the biggest rewards, it takes balls and perserverence, which are in short supply among us.
Other than that, Galtier or Rangnick, even ten Hag, all would give us a 'brand' or 'identity' that the club can latch onto.
We haven't had a footballing identity for absolute beards. I couldn't describe our style of football even if I tried.
...an 'eye-bleach' style

Status
Not open for further replies.