2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galtier is already off to Nice mate. He isn't on the market.

Fire Brands and get Rangnick as the DoF, proper cultural reset needed.
Galtier hasn't signed anything with Nice from what I was reading so worth an enquiry. Good chance hel end up there but would be an interesting option.

Personally I reckon Richarlison will be made up Ancelotti's gone. He really didn't look like he enjoyed his football last year at all, and that set up did absolutely nothing for him. If he stays - which was always a doubt - I think he's capable of a lot more than Ancelotti got out of him.

Yes and that's the flip side of the coin really. I said in the post previous to the one quoted that I'm not sure Ancelotti has really got the best out of Richarlison. You look at the development of DCL and I'm surprised Richarlison is not at least at that level.

The key will be whether he wants to push for a move to play in Europe. I probably agree with you, a new manager is going to come in, flatter his ego a bit and make him a central figure.

James is one I think will be a lot more difficult. It is with enormous sadness I would say if we can get him off the books it would likely make sense too, as I just don't think we will see much of him.

However, I don't think we are at the armageddon situation some seem to suggest. I'm not really convinced Doucoure will want to leave.

What I'll also say, is if there is a panic at the club, that's a failure on Brands part. He is 3 years in, should have his plans set for the summer and while it's certainly a bump in the road he should be able to manage this situation where we have about 3 months until the new season to navigate the way forward. That's the challenge for him now.

Unfortunately that's the kind of thing that only Everton fans will care about. The rest of the footballing world will only see his successes on his CV. He was never going to win the league with Everton so his 18 months won't be seen as a failure. He's just the latest in a long line of Everton managers to bring mediocrity.

No real structure since moyes left. We knew what we were. A big club but no money. The past few years hardly any thought has gone into it. Try and get a big name. Over pay for over rated players. Repeat and fail.
Ancelotti was a different kettle of fish. I think he would have got it right once he could have a clear out. But we'll never know now. We're more than likely not getting a name like that again so we need to get someone with a moyes like structure who knows exactly what he wants and does his due diligence. With hopefully funds.
Dont care if they are not fashionable or a big name. Structure and time.

Running off after one season is just cowardly but shows what type of person he is
He's going to a bigger club with an absolute expectation of success. The pressure will be on him at Real Madrid. That's hardly a cowardly move. Clearly his heart wasn't in it at Everton so I'd rather have a manager that really wants the job.

Did we get significant compensation from Real Madrid and Carlo at his 4.5 year contract was broken
Rumoured to be a 'mental trauma' clause in his contract...he has invoked that and is entitled to a full pay-out. And as an Evertonian of near 40 year standing, that invocation does not surprise me one jot...after all, for the vast majority of those 40 years, Everton has traumatised me.

I haven’t noticed any comments from @davek on this thread.

What are your thoughts, Dave?
It's shifting.

I'd take Nuno but I think he's taken already.

I like the idea of Favre and his football.

But I'd also like to see Lampard given a go here. He'd get in and promote from the academy and get us playing a more vibrant brand of football. He'll be desperate to get in a club and prove himself.

Here's a quote from his time at Derby I liked:

“In terms of style of play, I want to play good football. We want to try to play. We have been one of the teams in the Championship this season who try to play. We try to move the ball through the pitch, rather than being too direct, that’s not my style. It is not the way I want to play.

“I want my team to play good football, but on the other side of that, I want them to be really aggressive and win the ball back."

I rate him, and he's played a big part in this Chelsea team coming to fruition.

Do you know if Moshiri told the fans we are going for a young manager who will bring in young players and phase out the dross but there will be a short term drop in performances ( not sure there would be compared to last season) the cast majority of fans won be OK with that.
We need to have a plan , communicate it and stick to it.
100% behind this!

Yes and that's the flip side of the coin really. I said in the post previous to the one quoted that I'm not sure Ancelotti has really got the best out of Richarlison. You look at the development of DCL and I'm surprised Richarlison is not at least at that level.

The key will be whether he wants to push for a move to play in Europe. I probably agree with you, a new manager is going to come in, flatter his ego a bit and make him a central figure.

James is one I think will be a lot more difficult. It is with enormous sadness I would say if we can get him off the books it would likely make sense too, as I just don't think we will see much of him.

However, I don't think we are at the armageddon situation some seem to suggest. I'm not really convinced Doucoure will want to leave.

What I'll also say, is if there is a panic at the club, that's a failure on Brands part. He is 3 years in, should have his plans set for the summer and while it's certainly a bump in the road he should be able to manage this situation where we have about 3 months until the new season to navigate the way forward. That's the challenge for him now.
James will probably want to go, but then I wasn't really convinced he was going to stay anyway. Allan might be a bit miffed but I can't see him kicking up a fuss, and from what I've seen of him we are very much his level at this point in his career, he ain't slumming it here. Doucoure would have walked over broken glass to come here the season before we signed him, and again, he is absolutely not getting a better gig than this so would have no reason to go. I repeatedly said I didn't want Ancelotti to be sacked but I won't lie I feel like this is a massive bullet dodged and the opportunity to get back on track. Whether we'll make the right appointment to do that is anyone's guess, but I had no faith whatsoever that we were going anywhere under Ancelotti. He wasn't a good fit at all, and I think the best we could have hoped for was a similar season next year where we just clung on to Europe instead of falling away. There was no chance of lasting success going about things the way he did.

You are an absolute melon.
Lacking in humour.
Trying too hard.
Cringeworthy repeats of the same content.

Now explain why what Everton fans writing on a forum has got to do with Ancelotti leaving Everton for Real Madrid as you had previously suggested, preferably without using a bed wetting reference, as it just isn’t that funny.
I am certainly getting a rise out of you sire. I am hitting nerve. I would suggest it's the lumbar sympathetic nerve. Judging by the energy output on world class managers who have had one season your lumbar sympathetic nerve is under constant attack. This doesn't help yourself or help the Everton collective consciousness.

Galtier hasn't signed anything with Nice from what I was reading so worth an enquiry. Good chance hel end up there but would be an interesting option.

Yeah fair enough, isn't official yet. But Lille has already sent in a letter to Nice complaining about their approach. Reckon Everton should do the same to those p**** at Madrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.