2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main lesson is honestly for fans just not to be so partizan, mate.

The absolute commitment to Carlo against any odds has made a lot of people look silly.

I'm gutted it's come to this though. This is genuinely the first Everton thing that's hurt me the most since Rooney. Just feel like we've been completely mugged off.

Correct. Makes them look utter silly now doesn't it. Slacking off everyone who criticised Carlo only for Carlo to show the finger later.

Koeman was absolutely right. We live in the past. Frankly, we're a delusional club. The same way Newcastle thought they became a big club with signing Michael Owen and a few years later getting Rafael Benitez, what good are they still?

Football changes at lightening speed these days. No point in making someone God and putting all your hopes in him.

The same way we should stop making James god. If he is not motivated next season (I am 100% sure he won't be) then offload him too along with frauds. Bring in 3-4 young well scouted players (if Brands can do that).

So throughout the day it has popped up that 3 EX Everton managers are now managing Barca, Real Madrid and Belgium. It's easy isn't when you have the pick of the crop from footballs elite players.

The good news is prospective managers might see us as a club with a good track record of progression to bigger clubs. About the only decent thing that might attract them.

It's a shame he's not tried to create something but at least we're hardly going to miss the dross we were being served up during his time with us, I don't put all of that on Carlo since we've known for a long time plenty of the players we have just aren't good enough but he has to take some of the blame for the tactics he was using. Finishing 10th in a season like the one we've just had was a complete failure and his time with us will be seen as nothing but that now, there's no doubting his record with other clubs but this move just shows he was never fully committed to creating something from the ground up as much as it was something he liked to talk about.

Correct. Makes them look utter silly now doesn't it. Slacking off everyone who criticised Carlo only for Carlo to show the finger later.

Koeman was absolutely right. We live in the past. Frankly, we're a delusional club. The same way Newcastle thought they became a big club with signing Michael Owen and a few years later getting Rafael Benitez, what good are they still?

Football changes at lightening speed these days. No point in making someone God and putting all your hopes in him.

The same way we should stop making James god. If he is not motivated next season (I am 100% sure he won't be) then offload him too along with frauds. Bring in 3-4 young well scouted players (if Brands can do that).
James won't be coming back

Is it not more the case though, that be follows top class managers, at elite clubs and tends to essentially stabilise them, or more critically avoid them falling off a cliff. That seems to be what hes good at.

Strangely we required a completely different job and he sort of did it. He added value.

Odd one. I hope we can think hard about the sort of fit we want now though.
I agree.

Carlo is seen as the ultimate safe pair of hands. He is like an elite level Allardyce.

There is no danger. He is never going to build anything or take the club forwards, but his personality and man-mangement skills give clubs an initial boost.

What we need is a young progressive coach who will prioritise young players. Sign young players, develop them and build the club. Buy at the right age and crucially sell at the right age.

Above all we need to stop looking for quick fixes, which inevitably ends in paying pensions to players who don't deserve to wear the shirt.

I feel that year after year this club sucks the life from me and gives very little back... yet again the real promise of a European campaign is replaced with the reality of a 10th place finish. At least nowadays we are spared the release of “The Magnificent 10th” DVD. Ancelotti installed hope to this club and although we were all deeply embarrassed by our failures this year I still held on to a hope that once the fans returned that Carlo could get a return from our sorry squad. Todays departure signifies a huge step backwards in my eyes. Looking at the names that are now listed as the front runners just saddens me further. I honestly feel that we are closer to becoming the next Sunderland than we are as serious challengers for the converted European competitions. It has been going downhill for too long and I honestly fear that that fall will now increase in speed. I do not see a saviour on the horizon. Changes....... big courageous changes are needed in order to get this team/ Club back on the right track. Im tired of harbouring a hatred for the only team that I have ever supported but year after year I am left exhausted by this Clubs underachievments.

Status
Not open for further replies.