2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you are right and there are bigger issues with how the Club is being run that pushed him away. But what bothers me the most was about Ancelotti was his stand on the Super League how he said it was a total joke only to join one of the teams that still is insisting on making it happen. Now he is part of the joke. It just seems so fake to me.

I totally agree, i said that in one of my posts - now he’s going to have to walk back how ’disgusted’ he was about the Super League. Shouldn’t be too hard for a ‘liar’ like him.

By bigger issues, I mean Carlo has worked at the biggest clubs, he’s seen how all the clubs work, and what players they have, and the infrastructure at these clubs. Real Madrid most likely have better staff, better infrastructure, better players, better everything. Carlo doesn’t have the means to change everything at Everton, but all of these things however small can affect performance. He‘s taking a 50% pay cut just to get out, which means he’s not really demanding anything. He just wants to get out. Maybe Everton fans, local fans (which I’m not) probably don’t like to here this, but the gulf between Everton and the top clubs is huge. It’s all about money after all.

So dissapointed in him as a man. I listened to him saying it's a project, I'm here to see it through. I think i'm done with football now, all about themselves, players, managers, I'm old enough to remember when the club came first. It was an honour to play or manage a club for a club like Everton. Totally p****d off!

The way he departed the clubs just screams out that the feeling is mutual. Carlo wants to leave and the board really don't care either way. He was the fourth highest paid coach in the EPL, yet delivered 10th place.

Whatever targets he was given at the start of the season, I am sure he failed in all of them. No cup, no European football.

But the board better have a candidate already lined up from a list drew up 6 months ago and before, and hopefully a list that is always developing no matter who we appoint.

One of my mates just messaged me to say "I must be upset". I didn't have the foggiest of what he was on about until he told me Carlo left. Wow. I am disappointed I can't lie but he was always that worldie you get with but everyone knows your punching above your weight to be with. Quite a few decent managers in Howe and Nuno out there so we'll see. My biggest concern is how it may affect the players he brought in like JRod and Allan. We going to see a mass exodus now?

The way he departed the clubs just screams out that the feeling is mutual. Carlo wants to leave and the board really don't care either way. He was the fourth highest paid coach in the EPL, yet delivered 10th place.

Whatever targets he was given at the start of the season, I am sure he failed in all of them. No cup, no European football.

But the board better have a candidate already lined up from a list drew up 6 months ago and before, and hopefully a list that is always developing no matter who we appoint.
They don't have a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.