2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this for me.

People focus too much on what he did before he got here, which is irrelevant really. He was nothing more than average for us.
From xmas onwards we looked stale.
The footy was horrible.
We were to easy to beat, just outwork us job done.
The alarm bells were going for me , but I would have given him this season to see how he got on.
That Pickford statement after the Sheff Unt game had the alarm bells going for me.
No team ethic.
Wrong attitude ect I was actually rewatching it on YouTube yesterday ,it tells you something was wrong behind the scenes.
There has been trouble with the squads at his last two jobs as well.
Judge him on what you have seen yourself, we didnt improve under him , none of the players did either maybe DLC and the home results were a disgrace as were the chances we had to go forwards , if we win this we go 4th ect every time it came along we failed .
Hope his son goes as well , wound me up no end for some reason, never did a thing to have a job at a top club but up he pops with dad.

Don’t blame him for leaving. It’s Real Madrid ain’t it. Anyone would say yes to then unless you where a blue through and through and even then it’s hard to turn down, excited when we got him but let’s face it he can’t do it with a poor bunch of players and we need a young manager and young players Coming in. Not ageing ones. Wasnt impressed at all with the football that was served up no better than it was under Allardyce and silva.
Anyone would say yes to a club that sacked you for no good reason just six years ago (same president in charge btw), and could get kicked out of the CL feasibly, and also just four weeks ago a club he labelled as a 'joke' doing what they tried to do? After banging on for 18 months about how he loved the family vibe of Everton compared to the corporate side of clubs like Madrid and Juve?

Yeah, sure thing.

It's a sickener, it really is.

I'm surprised anyone really thought Carlo was happy to coach a team on the basics of how to play football... Not at all what he is or ever was.
It is not really about whether he was happy to coach a team on the basics or not. It's the sheer callousness of the way he left. I understand people have priorities / dreams.

The way he has gone leaves a rather bad taste is all I am saying. If really wanted to move to a club with "better players", he should have chosen carefully. He knew what he was getting into when he chose us.

And if he HAD to go, it could have been done with a little more decency. That's all we ask for really. He was given respect by Everton fans, that's what we can expect back surely.

So which players will follow him..

Rodriguez nailed on not to be seen again.

Allan and Richarlison will be my bets to hand in transfer requests.

Possibly DCL and Digne too.
Why would they hand in transfer requests?

Why would they not wait to see who the next manager will be.

Maybe you think Madrid will buy them all?

Madrid are strapped for money and won't be spending big.

I could see JR leave but again it depends on who our next manager is.

From xmas onwards we looked stale.
The footy was horrible.
We were to easy to beat, just outwork us job done.
The alarm bells were going for me , but I would have given him this season to see how he got on.
That Pickford statement after the Sheff Unt game had the alarm bells going for me.
No team ethic.
Wrong attitude ect I was actually rewatching it on YouTube yesterday ,it tells you something was wrong behind the scenes.
There has been trouble with the squads at his last two jobs as well.
Judge him on what you have seen yourself, we didnt improve under him , none of the players did either maybe DLC and the home results were a disgrace as were the chances we had to go forwards , if we win this we go 4th ect every time it came along we failed .
Hope his son goes as well , wound me up no end for some reason, never did a thing to have a job at a top club but up he pops with dad.
Our set-pieces got us plenty of points this season.

Ancelotti Jr was the one who did that.

Considering this rumour started this morning and was announced in the afternoon maybe we'll eventually find out... but it sounds like you won't believe it until the club email you directly.
Rumour started last night by the way...and there is nothing to believe as currently there is no fee mentioned anywhere.

I'm hopeful it will be a positive turning point. The day we realized that steady progress will get us where we want to go.
I hope so too. I ill give whoever it is a fare shake and more than a season thats for sure. But If we got a manager that made you happy. And he was in the hunt for Europe all season in top four half way through but just fell off and we finish mid table. You better stay consistent and chase him out the gaf aswell.

Wonder how many of these bums in our squad like Iwobi and Davies are gonna tell their grandkids they played under one of the best managers in the world.

“Wow you played for Ancelotti and then he went on to manage Real Madrid? You must’ve been class grandad”

“Nah he left us after 18 months at the first opportunity because we were consistently crap and didn’t bother putting the effort in, anyway here’s my playoff runners up medal for Shrewsbury I won in 2023”

Status
Not open for further replies.