2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the talk of wanting the dream of leading us out into the new stadium, us winning trophies with fans singing his song, the comments about the ESL clubs being greedy, the comments denying the Madrid rumours.... I’ve defended him to a hilt on here but he’s completely lost my respect here.
Yes, I’ve backed him too, I’ve argued with people on here and fumed at the cry arses, for what.

Koeman was a rat but he was an up front rat, this feels worse.

I see all the journs are coming out saying he was too good for us and it's a blessing for Everton.

CARLO has spoken:

Everton have confirmed that Carlo Ancelotti has left the club to take over at Real Madrid.

Ancelotti says the chance to return to the Bernabeu was an "unexpected opportunity" that he could not turn down.

In a statement issued this evening, Everton have thanked the Italian for his time at the club which began in December 2019.

Everton say they will begin the search for Ancelotti's successor "immediately".

Ancelotti said: “I would like to thank the Board of Directors, the players, and the Evertonians for the tremendous support they have all given me during my time at the Club.

“While I have enjoyed being at Everton I have been presented with an unexpected opportunity which I believe is the right move for me and my family at this time.

All the talk of wanting the dream of leading us out into the new stadium, us winning trophies with fans singing his song, the comments about the ESL clubs being greedy, the comments denying the Madrid rumours.... I’ve defended him to a hilt on here but he’s completely lost my respect here.
I bet he'll be gutted. Maybe he will read this and change his mind? The reality is, he never really felt in it for the long term.

Maybe now we will have to go down the route of getting decent unknown signings and put some effort into scouting again?!

Sounds like he couldn't wait to get out, which makes me wonder if it's all on him being a total ratsnake or if there's been some problems behind closed doors with him & Mosh, Brands, Kenwright

I just can't believe the inability to break through lies entirely in the identity of the manager or even the composition of the club. There have to be some cultural/behind closed doors problems, right?

I’m disappointed, but, not surprised by his lack of integrity. After the statements he made about staying to lead us into Bramley-Moore and the supposed disapproval he had for the ESL, bearing in mind that his new employers are still refusing to accept that the ESL will not go ahead, he has been exceptionally hypercritical in accepting this appointment.

I shudder to think about what comes next. Howe, Moyes, Dyche, Nuno?

I have a tough time defending his tenure here because aside from the 5 games to start the year he was serving up the same dirge the whole time. Ok we had a couple of good stretches of winning in that but so have Pulis and Dyche.

Couple of ways to think about it. One is the way you're thinking about it.

Another is: if Carlo freaking Ancelotti decides after some injuries and red cards that his best plan is to go the full Pulis/Dyche/Allardyce, what does that say about the squad?

What a day.

We are the laughing stock once again.

One of these days, we will stop being a punchline.

Surely

Status
Not open for further replies.