2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how people are doing the normal blame anyone but the club here.

We could go into administration and somehow some people in our fan base would blame the fans or certain players.

Who can blame him if he goes. Looking through this thread after a match day is embarrassing.

The level of expectation at Everton and the resources available do not match up. The best position we can hope for under this squad is about 7th, but in reality that would only satisfy people at best

Unrealistic expectations combined with constant downplaying of who we are.

"Why are we not winning the league? Who would come here if he leaves?"

Heady days indeed.

If he goes I’ll be gutted, but he has no loyalty to Everton. Why should he? He won’t lose sleep over it.

Let’s be honest if Real Madrid went for someone like Klopp etc we’d all be thinking why wouldn’t he go.

It'll 100% be the board not backing their promises. I can't see him stabbing us in the back just months after saying he'd like to extend his contract.

Nope.

It's because we're utter gash and he's got a chance to go back to Spain with an easier job with a bigger name. Simples.

The thought of him leaving honestly doesn't bother me at all. I'm just not convinced he's a good fit for where we are as a club, and i'm not entirely sure that's going to change any time soon. The thought of who we might get to replace him though, that terrifies me. The club just don't make themselves easy to trust when it comes to these things.

2 weeks ago

At the time, the boss remarked: "This is good publicity for me to be linked with Real Madrid but it is not true.

"I am really happy to stay here. We have difficulties, of course, but I feel good at Everton and my target is to make Everton better and better every year."

Previously in Feb

"I would like to be there when the new stadium opens, it will be a good achievement for me of course!

"I think to finish the contract here until 2024 means that you did a good job, and when you did a good job the contract will not be stopped in 2024, I think it continues.

"So for sure I think that for the time that I've spent here, I felt and I feel good.

"I would like to stay as long as possible."
Never believe what people say. He was saying what the fans wanted to hear. He said he'd choose gylfi over any of the superstars he's previously managed to take a pen FFS. We all saw how that worked out against city.

I will be gutted if Carlo goes. Not least because I felt he could improve us, but also because we're back to square one again. Richarlison will leave, as will Rodriguez and maybe Allan. Digne might decide to jump as well. We'd basically be back to the allardyce team and Ben Godfrey.

There's an embarrassing amount of cry arsing going on on Twitter

I don't do twitter, but for once this is actually something to get worried about. If we lose Ancelotti, where on earth do we go from here? We have no manager, we have a DOF with a poor track record overseeing a transfer policy that will be completely disrupted by the uncertainty, and we have more players signed by a previous manager who will probably not fit the incoming manager's plans.

I genuinely think people are right to be worried. This has the potential to be a complete and utter disaster for the club.

Love how people are doing the normal blame anyone but the club here.

We could go into administration and somehow some people in our fan base would blame the fans or certain players.
If Carlo goes to Real Madrid and the club replaces him with a Moyes, Martinez, Howe, Dyche, or Nuno - yes, blame the club.
If Carlo goes to Real Madrid and the club replaces him with Conte or Simeone - then the club will be utterly blameless in all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.