2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
1620295523242.png

Its incredibly frustrating - the man has achieved this Season what many before him couldn't and that is; Win away at Spurs, Win at Anfield and Win at The Emirates - but those historical victories are clouded by the utter guff that we've served up for large parts of the season.

Whilst i still feel that a large number of players that he has at his disposal are simply not good enough, his tactics and team selections are often questionable and Carlo really doesnt help himself. After the first month or so of the Season i genuinely thought we'd achieve something this Season, but its petering out to nothingness despite the historical victories.

David moyes simply is a better manager than carlo ancelotti in my opinion.

The season at United alone falsifies any validity your argument might have.

What Moyes does well works faster, but it has a lower ceiling. It's worth noting that he's taken just as many points off of the horsepunchers as we have this season.

Moyes has two more wins and hasn't been managing a M*A*S*H unit. Let's see what happens with a more normal run of injury luck for both clubs before jumping to any conclusions.

It's quite something when the official site goes ahead and puts that out.
Normally like all others, it is just a bastion of cliché.

There is something fundamentally wrong with the attitude of some of our players, it has persisted for years and under different managers. It goes beyond disinterest and laziness in my opinion, there is some culture at the club that seems to allow it to thrive.

A "get tough" approach is fine, but for some players, in addition to Ancelotti, I'd seek to sit them down with Denise and Brands present as well, and just try to get to the heart of whats going on. The immediate issue with that is that it may be even Brands and others who are contributing indirectly, to a culture where there seems to be little accountability for consistent poor attitude and performance. But short of that I don't see what else can be done.
They definitely do need a culture change.

From academy to first team, from cleaners to executives.

I think it all stems from the Elstone era.

We have 3 years to get it right on the pitch before we move to BM. We dont need to panic, our squad is threadbare, some players here are not good enough, attitudes need changing. Rome wasn't built in a day, Carlo knows all of this. I'm really disappointed at this season but am confident when we move from Goodison we'll be in a good place to receive the income that will make us a force again. I really do believe this.

Its incredibly frustrating - the man has achieved this Season what many before him couldn't and that is; Win away at Spurs, Win at Anfield and Win at The Emirates - but those historical victories are clouded by the utter guff that we've served up for large parts of the season.

Whilst i still feel that a large number of players that he has at his disposal are simply not good enough, his tactics and team selections are often questionable and Carlo really doesnt help himself. After the first month or so of the Season i genuinely thought we'd achieve something this Season, but its petering out to nothingness despite the historical victories.
I agree 100% with everything you have said, and couldn't have put it any better myself.

David moyes simply is a better manager than carlo ancelotti in my opinion. I couldn't care less about trophies, something severely lacking by a lot of people is something called perspective. David moyes when at Everton did an unbelievable job, the kind of which hasn't been repeated by 4 or 5 managers since all with a bigger budget.

Carlo is by no means a mug and has done a very good job at most places in his career. But the perspective is that David moves at Everton on his budget was realistically competing with 14 teams to get that 5th place, the 4 above at the time were on a different planet with their budget so couldn't realistically be expected to be caught. David regularly achieved 5th and 6th places finishes. The idea that he's now doing the same at West ham is no fluke, it is further proof of his managerial ability.

The other jobs he had since leaving Everton can not be measured fairly as he simply didn't have any time to stamp his identity on those clubs.

I look at West ham now and see everything I grew up seeing watching Everton under Moyes. Their fans must be so proud of their performances and so confident that they can get a result anywhere. Everton as a comparison are the opposite. We just look terrible and one dimensional.

I will stick by Carlo for the mere fact that we have no other option at this time and it would cost too much to replace him. But I was calling for Moyes before we got Carlo and even started a thread and it got taken down. This kind of proudness from some people calling Moyes a traitor and the like is exactly the reason why we keep finding ourselves in these predicaments.

Its not all been negatives with Carlo but I dare say had we got Moyes instead we would be much much further in our progression towards the top than we are now.

wow. Just wow and wow wow

and LOL LOL LOL LOL and LOL LOL

David moyes simply is a better manager than carlo ancelotti in my opinion. I couldn't care less about trophies, something severely lacking by a lot of people is something called perspective. David moyes when at Everton did an unbelievable job, the kind of which hasn't been repeated by 4 or 5 managers since all with a bigger budget.

Carlo is by no means a mug and has done a very good job at most places in his career. But the perspective is that David moves at Everton on his budget was realistically competing with 14 teams to get that 5th place, the 4 above at the time were on a different planet with their budget so couldn't realistically be expected to be caught. David regularly achieved 5th and 6th places finishes. The idea that he's now doing the same at West ham is no fluke, it is further proof of his managerial ability.

The other jobs he had since leaving Everton can not be measured fairly as he simply didn't have any time to stamp his identity on those clubs.

I look at West ham now and see everything I grew up seeing watching Everton under Moyes. Their fans must be so proud of their performances and so confident that they can get a result anywhere. Everton as a comparison are the opposite. We just look terrible and one dimensional.

I will stick by Carlo for the mere fact that we have no other option at this time and it would cost too much to replace him. But I was calling for Moyes before we got Carlo and even started a thread and it got taken down. This kind of proudness from some people calling Moyes a traitor and the like is exactly the reason why we keep finding ourselves in these predicaments.

Its not all been negatives with Carlo but I dare say had we got Moyes instead we would be much much further in our progression towards the top than we are now.
Ohhhhhh mate. Someone's clearly forgetting the inferiority complex against 'big teams', many many many turgid and poor performances / results at home to 'lesser teams', and widespread grumbling about style and tactical (in)flexibility.

If I didn't know better, you're fishing for a reaction. You wouldn't do that, would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.