2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Half the people saying Ancelotti should be doing better are quite happy to accept Gomes Davies Siggurdson Coleman Keane as premier league players starting for a top 6 team.

Now who is accepting mediocrity again? The ones saying back the world class manager and get the dross out? Or the ones saying the world class manager has to get utter toilet players looking like superstars otherwise he has to go.
It’s totally disingenuous to pretend that ‘not be completely outplayed at home by villa, Fulham, Newcastle, Burnley etc’ and ‘make players look like superstars’ are the same thing though isn’t it, let’s be clear about that.

There’s a double standard there though isn’t there. All clubs have worse him records than usual this season. We might not have the good away wins we have this season if crowds are in but we most probably have a lot more home wins. His critics though decry his away record as ‘that’s because there’s no fans’ then body him for his home record. Can’t have it both ways.
Maybe, personally I'm not that happy that we've been outclassed by teams at the bottom of table and done nothing about it. Games against all those team followed very similar pattern.

Having better attitude and wanting it more is usually enough against us. But we've all got different expectations.

Personally, I think one problem that nobody foresaw is that Carlo doesn't drill players strictly. What I mean is he doesn't walk into a squad and make demands in terms of intense pressing or whatever. He's used to talented, intelligent players and gives them independence. You can see it works well with James but the rest of our craphouses are clueless.

Yeah he's used to having leaders who can organise and shout on the pitch as well. Maldini, Terry, Ramos.

Ancelotti is renowned for being a very laid back manager who is quite hands off in training. Real players loved him because of how toxic Mourinho had been. Bayern players who were used to Pep couldn't take to him.

Half the people saying Ancelotti should be doing better are quite happy to accept Gomes Davies Siggurdson Coleman Keane as premier league players starting for a top 6 team.

Now who is accepting mediocrity again? The ones saying back the world class manager and get the dross out? Or the ones saying the world class manager has to get utter toilet players looking like superstars otherwise he has to go.
Really? find me one such person.

The only manager we have had in recent years who was a Sergeant Major for me was Moyes - Koeman was more motivated by money and had too big an ego - he was more bothered about being on Sherdley Parks golf course than being at FF 12 hours a day.

Moyes done so much behind the scenes at the club he was a hard worker and did a bit of everything which is why he did a good job here with the limited resources.

We've not had that since - 2 money men in Koeman and Big Sam and 2 soft touches in El Loco & Silva.

Carlo obviously has a very good pedigree but his style of management doesnt suit this club imo its like being a school teacher and going into a bottom set class and telling them to do their work before walking out the classroom to go for a coffee and expecting them to do their work.

He needs to be on these players 24/7 otherwise we wont ever change the culture at the club.

Think you’re stuck in the past tbh. Modern footballers do famously not take well to being handled with an iron fist.

The problem with the school kids analogy is that school kids generally aren’t getting paid more than the teacher.

It’s totally disingenuous to pretend that ‘not be completely outplayed at home by villa, Fulham, Newcastle, Burnley etc’ and ‘make players look like superstars’ are the same thing though isn’t it, let’s be clear about that.

But it's May. We're 9 points off fourth, and we're all disappointed.

That's progress, isn't it?

He hinted the other day that he's seeing things in training that he's not seeing on a match day.

In other words: There's some cowardly players in the squad.

Carlo knows though. He'll sort it. It was always gonna take time though.

I think some of the players have blown his trust this season in a way he’s probably not seen before.

Davies is one, I think his goose is cooked. He hit a level at Anfield that Carlo seemed ok with and the second Carlo gave him a spot on the team whilst Allan recovered he throws in ridiculous errors against Burnley. Not really seen since and Carlo was calling him out this week as not very good.

Keane is another one. I think the Spurs game did it for him. Normally if he’s fit he’s straight back in yet when everyone is fit he seems to be on the bench now.

He doesn’t seem to want to entertain Bernard or King either.

He’ll get what he wants, no doubt about it, he’s not here to mess around, neither is Moshiri. These players have had it easy hiding behind previous managers seeing them fired. They’d love Carlo to be fired so they could blah a new contract after a good 3 months under a new manager and we’d be stuck in an ever repeating cycle.

it’s not happening. Carlo and Brands are here to stay and the players either ship up or they’ll be out. They know it as well which is probably why there’s a few ripples of despondency from some. Richalrison threw a hissy fit mid season and has basically been but back in his box by Carlo. DCL has had the shot across the bow. All the midfielders who aren’t called Allan or Docuoure know they are on borrowed time.

It’s coming for all of them.

But it's May. We're 9 points off fourth, and we're all disappointed.

That's progress, isn't it?
Of a sort, yes. I think it was posted a few pages back that in Silvas first season we finished 17 points off 4th, and based on how we’re playing I would imagine we’ll be marginally closer than that this time, maybe 12-14. I’m not saying there’s absolutely nothing good about us whatsoever, just that there’s plenty of bad.

I don’t think that’s an accurate or fair summary. In fact I think the opposite is true to an extent. Much, possibly all, of the criticism revolves around the idea that people don’t perceive us to be improving. Nobody that I can see is kicking off saying we should be top of the league, they’re saying they’re concerned that 18 months in they’re no clearer on what we’re trying to do than they were on day one. If anything it’s his strongest supporters who are suggesting that we can miss out the progression bit and suddenly become a much better side overnight after showing few signs of improvement in 18 months.

Think you'll find our away form has improved immeasurably. We all see that without Doucoure's legs and engine in the middle we struggle and while Carlo can't be exonerated of blame for playing Gomes, Gylfi and Iwobi, none of them should be in the starting team next season.

Nepotism
Jobs for the boys

I love Dunc to bits my childhood hero but what does he honestly bring to the table other than the occasional cheerleading on the sideline?

Davide - only worked under Carlo whats his qualifications/track record?

All too cosy cosy at this Football Club has been for many years. Seamus Coleman having a contract forever is the latest one.
one thing we can say about dunc in his short tenure ... the players effort was miles ahead of this what ive seen this season

Status
Not open for further replies.