2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's barely been 18 bloody months and he's Carlo bloody Ancelotti.

A number of you simply don't seem to realise that Ancelotti is last chance saloon for Everton Football Club. If we sack him at this stage (not even giving him longer than Marco Silva ffs) then it's game over and we may as well all just give up on footy.

Luckily, I suspect his job is very safe, and so it should be.

Not for me. However I do think Carlo needs to look at the squad and redline those that are bloody U/S and not select them again. No chance of Eurpoe now so in the remaining games Carlo should give some of the younger players game time to assess them and not rely on the awful non performers and has beens.

I'd imagine Ancelotti puts the expectation on himself, winners don't hang around to pick up a pay cheque when he can go to loads more clubs that are closer to the top and do that.

We just expect to get from A to Z skipping everything inbetween. Life doesn't work like that. Remember when we used to beat the oil barons for the first few seasons after they started buying up the world? Just need patience.
I don’t think that’s an accurate or fair summary. In fact I think the opposite is true to an extent. Much, possibly all, of the criticism revolves around the idea that people don’t perceive us to be improving. Nobody that I can see is kicking off saying we should be top of the league, they’re saying they’re concerned that 18 months in they’re no clearer on what we’re trying to do than they were on day one. If anything it’s his strongest supporters who are suggesting that we can miss out the progression bit and suddenly become a much better side overnight after showing few signs of improvement in 18 months.

But your getting laughed at for accepting mid table and crap and boring football.

Half the people saying Ancelotti should be doing better are quite happy to accept Gomes Davies Siggurdson Coleman Keane as premier league players starting for a top 6 team.

Now who is accepting mediocrity again? The ones saying back the world class manager and get the dross out? Or the ones saying the world class manager has to get utter toilet players looking like superstars otherwise he has to go.

This is the scenario at the start of next season:

We’ve had another summer of bringing in first team players. A right back, centreback, central midfielder, and wide player have been added. More of the deadwood is punted out of the squad. Gbamin is back to full fitness.

Carlo starts at Goodison with a far stronger first 11 and a decent bench for the first time for any Everton manager since 13/14. European qualification and going deep in the cups will be the minimum expectation, derby wins will be expected, wins at the top 6 will be realistic. Work has started on the new stadium.

The crowd will be singing Carlo Magnifico.

Now tell me again how we haven’t progressed from Allardyce picking us up in 17/18 again and playing a back 5 of Martina Mangala Williams Jagielka Kenny.
I really hope that's true mate. My expectations are more modest tbh.

A clear style of play and identity, improvement on 3 home wins in 6 months, not being outclassed by Newcastle, Fulham, Leeds, Villa, Burnley and end to 'they wanted it more than us' post-match interviews.

I think fans expectations really aren't that high right now.

Why do people automatically criticise the manager and not the players? Why do you want to give these constant underachievers a free pass every week?

Players get it in the ear for 90 minutes normally if they’re not performing.

The issue is that these players have been signed by our current director of football that’s not their fault is it?

in the restart it was a lack off effort, this now not that this a mixture of poor recruitment and a clear lack of identity and coaching

I really hope that's true mate. My expectations are more modest tbh.

A clear style of play and identity, improvement on 3 home wins in 6 months, not being outclassed by Newcastle, Fulham, Leeds, Villa, Burnley and end to 'they wanted it more than us' post-match interviews.

I think fans expectations really aren't that high right now.

There’s a double standard there though isn’t there. All clubs have worse him records than usual this season. We might not have the good away wins we have this season if crowds are in but we most probably have a lot more home wins. His critics though decry his away record as ‘that’s because there’s no fans’ then body him for his home record. Can’t have it both ways.

I agree with a large part of your post mate but wasn't this Sargent Major type manager exactly what we had with Koeman? And everyone hated him too.........

The only manager we have had in recent years who was a Sergeant Major for me was Moyes - Koeman was more motivated by money and had too big an ego - he was more bothered about being on Sherdley Parks golf course than being at FF 12 hours a day.

Moyes done so much behind the scenes at the club he was a hard worker and did a bit of everything which is why he did a good job here with the limited resources.

We've not had that since - 2 money men in Koeman and Big Sam and 2 soft touches in El Loco & Silva.

Carlo obviously has a very good pedigree but his style of management doesnt suit this club imo its like being a school teacher and going into a bottom set class and telling them to do their work before walking out the classroom to go for a coffee and expecting them to do their work.

He needs to be on these players 24/7 otherwise we wont ever change the culture at the club.

Half the people saying Ancelotti should be doing better are quite happy to accept Gomes Davies Siggurdson Coleman Keane as premier league players starting for a top 6 team.

Now who is accepting mediocrity again? The ones saying back the world class manager and get the dross out? Or the ones saying the world class manager has to get utter toilet players looking like superstars otherwise he has to go.

He hinted the other day that he's seeing things in training that he's not seeing on a match day.

In other words: There's some cowardly players in the squad.

Carlo knows though. He'll sort it. It was always gonna take time though.

Why do people automatically criticise the manager and not the players? Why do you want to give these constant underachievers a free pass every week?
I think almost everybody is criticising the players. I certainly know that a large majority of these players aren't good enough for this league at all, and so are well and truly out of their depth with us. But notwithstanding that, Carlo has enough at his disposal to be performing much better, and that's where he should be criticised. You can't look at this squad and then our home record and think it's anywhere near acceptable. Months ago he called it out, yet he's been able to do absolutely nothing to change it.

Not for me. However I do think Carlo needs to look at the squad and redline those that are bloody U/S and not select them again. No chance of Eurpoe now so in the remaining games Carlo should give some of the younger players game time to assess them and not rely on the awful non performers and has beens.
We might struggle to put out a squad.

You are assuming the kids are up to standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.