2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone on here tell me if our manager ever had the following team on the pitch: Pickford Coleman Godfrey Mina Deyne Allen Davies Dacoure James DCL Richy

Big summer ahead. Too many wanting the moon on a stick this season. Four more big signings will transform the team to the next level. Ancelotti definitely the man for the job.

What do you think Spud?

on the one hand we have a world class manager who can attract some big name players who will over time improve us tenfold

on the other hand we have had some real poor performances against the likes of newcastle, southampton, bournemouth, leeds, west ham etc.

there's a fine balance between the two but at the moment we can still qualify for europe which would have been the aim at the start of the season, champions league would be a dream if it happens

we have been involved in alot of tight games where we have won by the single goal or lost by the single goal.

do we have a certain style of playing, im not sure, if we do its to stay in games for as long as possible and grind out a result, so far its been effective in terms of our league position

as a fan base we would like to see progression on the field but i guess that might some next summer with some more 'ancelotti' recruits

i think we do have to give carlo some more time, at least another 12-18 months before we can really judge him on his team and his style of play

i see results like the away win at liverpool and remain optimistic that he can create something special here

on the one hand we have a world class manager who can attract some big name players who will over time improve us tenfold

on the other hand we have had some real poor performances against the likes of newcastle, southampton, bournemouth, leeds, west ham etc.

there's a fine balance between the two but at the moment we can still qualify for europe which would have been the aim at the start of the season, champions league would be a dream if it happens

we have been involved in alot of tight games where we have won by the single goal or lost by the single goal.

do we have a certain style of playing, im not sure, if we do its to stay in games for as long as possible and grind out a result, so far its been effective in terms of our league position

as a fan base we would like to see progression on the field but i guess that might some next summer with some more 'ancelotti' recruits

i think we do have to give carlo some more time, at least another 12-18 months before we can really judge him on his team and his style of play

i see results like the away win at liverpool and remain optimistic that he can create something special here
with he present squad we would get slaughtered in europe

People who point to the Anfield away win like we wasn’t just one of 8 teams on the run who managed to get something there this year.

Big summer ahead. Too many wanting the moon on a stick this season. Four more big signings will transform the team to the next level. Ancelotti definitely the man for the job.
Certainly true that any Everton manager faces fan criticism. I can't recall the last manager there was universal adoration of. Royale? I'll bet he got heat too in some quarters.

Martinez was either Mr sexy football or a defensively inept wham chatting clown. Moyes ranged from a stability bringing hero doing his best in trying circumstance a dour anti-football heathen holding us back. Koeman, well, he's not liked. Ditto Sam. Silva is just meh, doesn't really arouse strong opinion.

Ancelotti is continuing in a long line of Everton managers being criticised. You can't please all of the people all the time.

Agree to most of your post. Only question two players - Don't think your going to teach an old dog new tricks regarding Keane. Think will just plod along. Davies - I'd give up on him. Bottom half squad player in my eyes.
I don't agree with your summary of either.
Keane has played to a high standard all season. Our defence has generally been solid and he ghastly been the dominant influence throughout.
David Ancelotti named Tom Davies as the most improved player in the squad and he is still only 22/23.
I have seen him give great performanceservice this year and shut up a vocal minority of his critics simply by the quality of his performancestuff

But, of course there is still plenty of room for improvement in both.

People who point to the Anfield away win like we wasn’t just one of 8 teams on the run who managed to get something there this year.
We got beat by the under 9s at anfield. And multiple b and c teams and teams in terrible form. All the while teams have played in the conference promoted all the way to the prem, beat them at anfield and went back down again. It was a major mental block. 21 years. Everton have craped themselves. Now your going to try am down play it. I don't care if Liverpool have lost every single game up to it. A major achievement in terms of Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.