2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
2: Keane is at peak value and isnt a top player. Hes also 28 and whilst hes not going to lose pace (never had any) his value will decrease as he gets older and keeping him means keeping him for 4 more seasons.
Good on you for thinking differently, but it’s pure madness to say we should ditch Keane.

I could understand that attitude 12 months ago, but not now. He’s come on so much under Carlo that the thought of selling him for accounting reasons is nothing short of absurd.

The kind of centre back he is means he’s got years left in him at the highest level. At least the 4 you cite.

Carragher good analysis on the tactics of man-marking.

Kopite tears and excuses in the comments too lol

I watched that last night and in fairness to Carragher, his post match analysis is usually spot on that was no different.

Seeing him having to relive the defeat was also extremely satisfying, just a shame Neville had the night off.

"Hes whole argument rests on a this high line he imagines Carlo wants to play"

1: Cant play anything but deep. Thats not a "high line" thats being good in a deep defence and nothing else.

2: Keane is at peak value and isnt a top player. Hes also 28 and whilst hes not going to lose pace (never had any) his value will decrease as he gets older and keeping him means keeping him for 4 more seasons.

3: We have 5 defenders. You should always sell to improve the team with higher potential younger players.

4: Mina has 2 years left and ive also said its either him (who i like) or Keane to be sold this summer.

5: Upgrading players is a sign of ambition. Wanting to have the best team with the best players is called ambition. Is he going to be wanted by City, Bayern, Atletico ? No...we want players who are good enough for the top sides.

"Go and look at his Milan team, his Madrid team, his Bayern team, his Napoli team, his Everton team, not 1 of them played a high line."

Dont make me laugh, youve not watched any of those sides regularly, nor PSG, Parma, Juventus...perhaps Chelsea for a short period on MOTD lol

None of those teams were as deep as Ancelotti has set this team up.

This is probably the 1000th time ive typed all this out so perhaps remember it.

There’s no need to sell either Mina or Keane this summer, who’s coming in as an ‘upgrade’ on either of them like?

We’ve got other areas of the pitch to worry about this summer, CB is definitely not one of them.

There’s no need to sell either Mina or Keane this summer, who’s coming in as an ‘upgrade’ on either of them like?

We’ve got other areas of the pitch to worry about this summer, CB is definitely not one of them.

Theres a bit of a 'need' to sell Mina as he's only got 2 years left on his deal -- if we dont extend it.

Also as i said, Keane is 28 and at peak value...

Who comes in to upgrade?

Theres quite a lot of players who would be upgrades...it would depend alot on where we finish of course.

Theres a bit of a 'need' to sell Mina as he's only got 2 years left on his deal -- if we dont extend it.

Who comes in to upgrade?

Theres quite a lot of players who would be upgrades...it would depend alot on where we finish of course.
You fancy naming a couple of realistic options ?

Who comes in to upgrade?

Peak value means nothing unless you’re going to find a better player for less cash. He’s only just turned 28 and has been outstanding this season.

If Mina refuses a new deal, then that’s a different scenario, but I’m not aware that we’ve even started talks with him yet.

Leicester’s main stay and key defender is 33 year old Evans btw, and I’d take our current CB options over those at United, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and Van Dijk aside, the RS.

You fancy naming a couple of realistic options ?

No idea about 'realistic', depends on where we finish...money we have...how much other teams want that money + if Ancelotti/Brands can convince them.

Ramos - Free agent, experience, quality, leadership.

Bastoni -- Inter, has everything and will almost certainly become world class. Inter are having major money problems.

Kounde -- Sevilla, hes the player priced out of a move to City before they signed Dias. Similar potential and quality to Bastoni.

Kamara -- Marseille, very similar to Godfrey/Holgate in style but also a baller...can play CB/LB/DM and is quick. Branthwaite to cover whichever of Mina/Keane is sold and Kamara to push Godfrey/Holgate in a back 4 or 3.

Also a bunch of younger players...

Peak value means nothing unless you’re going to find a better player for less cash. He’s only just turned 28 and has been outstanding this season.

If Mina refuses a new deal, then that’s a different scenario, but I’m not aware that we’ve even started talks with him yet.

Leicester’s main stay and key defender is 33 year old Evans btw, and I’d take our current CB options over those at United, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham and Van Dijk aside, the RS.

Depends, if we sell someone and add on extra cash to get an upgrade its worth doing depending on the money and where we need to strengthen.

Also if we sell and buy for a lower fee (as you said).

It really depends on how much money Moshiri provides...

If we sold one of Keane/Mina and had to add on £20-30mil for a younger superstar would you do it? Surely you would, if we had enough money in the pot to strengthen in other areas.

Im convinced one of our centre backs will be sold this summer window.

"Hes whole argument rests on a this high line he imagines Carlo wants to play"

1: Cant play anything but deep. Thats not a "high line" thats being good in a deep defence and nothing else.

3: We have 5 defenders. You should always sell to improve the team with higher potential younger players.

4: Mina has 2 years left and ive also said its either him (who i like) or Keane to be sold this summer.

5: Upgrading players is a sign of ambition. Wanting to have the best team with the best players is called ambition. Is he going to be wanted by City, Bayern, Atletico ? No...we want players who are good enough for the top sides.

"Go and look at his Milan team, his Madrid team, his Bayern team, his Napoli team, his Everton team, not 1 of them played a high line."

Dont make me laugh, youve not watched any of those sides regularly, nor PSG, Parma, Juventus...perhaps Chelsea for a short period on MOTD lol

None of those teams were as deep as Ancelotti has set this team up.

This is probably the 1000th time ive typed all this out so perhaps remember it.
Now your telling me that I didn't watch any of these teams play?

LOL

And if we only want players the top sides want, we really need to sell 90% of the squad.

No idea about 'realistic', depends on where we finish...money we have...how much other teams want that money + if Ancelotti/Brands can convince them.

Ramos - Free agent, experience, quality, leadership.

Bastoni -- Inter, has everything and will almost certainly become world class. Inter are having major money problems.

Kounde -- Sevilla, hes the player priced out of a move to City before they signed Dias. Similar potential and quality to Bastoni.

Kamara -- Marseille, very similar to Godfrey/Holgate in style but also a baller...can play CB/LB/DM and is quick. Branthwaite to cover whichever of Mina/Keane is sold and Kamara to push Godfrey/Holgate in a back 4 or 3.

Also a bunch of younger players...

Depends, if we sell someone and add on extra cash to get an upgrade its worth doing depending on the money and where we need to strengthen.

Also if we sell and buy for a lower fee (as you said).

It really depends on how much money Moshiri provides...

If we sold one of Keane/Mina and had to add on £20-30mil for a younger superstar would you do it? Surely you would, if we had enough money in the pot to strengthen in other areas.

Im convinced one of our centre backs will be sold this summer window.
It’s a hard one. Mina, Keane and Godfrey have all done very well this season. Holgate in and out but was outstanding last season at CB when he got a run. Plus they will have to demonstrate to Branthwaite that he has a path to the first team.

You’d have to think that Godfrey, Holgate and Branthwaite are the long term future in terms of CBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.