2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Don epitomises all that this great club of ours stands for - integrity, class, style, honesty, genuineness, character, CLASS....and so on.

I know there are fans of other clubs out there who probably wonder why as a fan base we can be so pessimistic and moaning but for a club of Everton's standing within the game we have underachieved for far too long but have always held ourselves high and proud for what we are....and are not i.e. self-indulgent, self-serving, self- righteous and so on.

Now Carlo has arrived and as the main figurehead of the club he encapsulates all the earlier virtues added to by a certain Italian charm. He 'gets us' and what our club stands for and, I suspect, this will be his final challenge/project and he wants to go out on a massive high leaving a legacy for the future.

We are very lucky...and it's not often we can say that about Everton

The options to the two managers last night off the bench for fresh legs into extra time was ridiculous and just empathises how much still needs doing with the squad.
Its amazing you still get a few loons on here having digs at him when last night really showed this. Spurs changed half their outfield line up. Not dross coming on either. 9 options. Ancelotti. 6 options Two rookie keepers. Two inexperienced kids.
We're in there fighting toe to toe with clubs with far superior squad depths.
You're an idiot if you cant see that.

Every game where we look lazy and unfit I cant help but remember this article

But then I remember we looked this bad under previous managers as well
I was pleased with the energy we showed late in the game. Tom and Doucoure especially.

Richie looked a bit gassed but he got through a lot of work.

Screenshot_20210211-085319.png

He comes with faults, make no mistake.

But then, so does every manager. We sacked Silva and we’re in the relegation zone, he’s brought in world class talent, strengthened and made us European contenders.

Do you want to know what the best part is? He genuinely loves it here, he never hesitates to mention how great it is.

He’s a born winner, and we’re a fan base starved of success. You’re going to get a few bed wetters, at any opportunity slagging him off, because they like being miserable, due to lack of success.

Last night we won 5-4, at 3-2, we subbed off our only striker available. We had 5 outfield players off the bench. Two of those were kids.
Yet, we dug in and won 5-4 in those 60 minutes and didn’t really struggle with it.

What a guy. Let him celebrate with his Coffee is what I say.

The options to the two managers last night off the bench for fresh legs into extra time was ridiculous and just empathises how much still needs doing with the squad.
Its amazing you still get a few loons on here having digs at him when last night really showed this. Spurs changed half their outfield line up. Not dross coming on either. 9 options. Ancelotti. 6 options Two rookie keepers. Two inexperienced kids.
We're in there fighting toe to toe with clubs with far superior squad depths.
You're an idiot if you cant see that.

We did have 7 players out, including arguably 4 of the first XI.

We do need a bit more quality depth though, hopefully we have another good summer.

I love him. He’s honest about where we are, has so much tactical nouse which he isn’t scared to use and most of all he is working wonders with a small squad that’s been hit with injuries and suspensions throughout the season. He isn’t a miracle worker, these players have shown over and over they will faulter, so CA getting the maximum out of them while he has to.

Another 2/3 of his players in Summer and we will be more consistent along with fans back at home seeing us through games.

Status
Not open for further replies.