2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give you Godfrey, Nkounkou wasn't bought for now really but he should be playing but the first team is 3 lads different, 4 when Godfrey plays. Out of a squad which was collectively agreed wasn't good enough and needed punting, people got too carried away at the start and are now getting too carried away at a poor run.
Do you think DCL, Digne and Richarlison needed punting?

Recruited well? They bought Slimani for big money and had to ship him out because he was awful.

We don’t know how Rodgers would perform with this squad, however, we do know that Ancelotti is a complete and utter train wreck with this squad.

Ndidi Pereira Tielemans Praet Demarai Gray, Soyuncu, Castagne, Barnes. All good buys over a number of recent seasons and they still had the likes of Schmichael and Vardy from the title winning squad. They’ve managed to sell Maguire and Chilwell (two other excellent recent buys) and bring in players who can just slot straight in.

Ancelotti picked up a team where apart from Richarlison and Digne there’s barely been a good buy and we had kept piling poor players on top of poor players. There’s no one to even sell to create a war chest. Ancelotti has done well to make the club a huge amount of value in getting a tune out of DCL but there was really not many major assets in the squad when he picked it up. Chalk and cheese with the situation at Leicester.

I’m sick of “them” always getting brought up on here absolutely sick of it!
So, because you don't seem to understand WHY they are brought in to a lot of conversations, I'll just lay it out pretty simply.

They are our neighbors. They won the Champions League and Premier League in the last 18months.

We want to be like that.

So when they are doing things that our world class manager isn't and it seems to be working for them, it makes us wonder why our world class manager (this isn't even sarcasm by the way, Ancelotti is world class by any definition) either refuses to or doesn't want to make those decisions.

So, because you don't seem to understand WHY they are brought in to a lot of conversations, I'll just lay it out pretty simply.

They are our neighbors. They won the Champions League and Premier League in the last 18months.

We want to be like that.

So when they are doing things that our world class manager isn't and it seems to be working for them, it makes us wonder why our world class manager (this isn't even sarcasm by the way, Ancelotti is world class by any definition) either refuses to or doesn't want to make those decisions.

we want to be like that? Lol I’d rather roll around in glass than be anything like them ever ever ever ever.

We want to be like that.

Took him 5 years though. 8th position in his first season. Klopp out they said. No denying they are doing well now but we won’t become a top 4 team overnight in a league which is more competitive each season.

Im happy to give him more time, tbh i dont see any other manager coming in and instantly making a success out of our squad. But i cant get my head around his continual use of (in my opinion) players with no future at the club who consistently dont bring anything to the side. I dont buy the 'carlo's putting them in the shop window' crap either, i just see it as he wants to take as little risk as possible and hope he gets 2/3 goal out of our front three as we concede for fun.
I'd have thought he would want to install a culture at the club, a hunger among the players to improve.. but giving Sig the armband/starting Delph instead of a promising LB/Sig left side instead of Gordon at Newcastle gives the wrong impression i think to the whole club.

oh no I agree the siggy/Delph/ and not using Gordon, or a good young left back is bermusing. But calling for his head now? It’s comical

Took him 5 years though. 8th position in his first season. Klopp out they said. No denying they are doing well now but we won’t become a top 4 team overnight in a league which is more competitive each season.
They didn’t say Klopp out. Hey got to two finals and the improvement was there for all to see.

He got them Champions League football the very next season as well.

Sadly I think so as well, Leicester being 4 above us with them having Brighton next weekend whilst we have Chelsea could well see us 7 behind and its a familiar story to last season.

I think the top 6 is settled already

RS
Man City
Spurs
Chelsea
Man Utd
Leicester

That leaves the last European spot 7th to be duked out between:

Us
Wolves
Arsenal
Southampton
Leeds
WHU

At present I wouldn't have us down favourites for that either however im praying Carlo can turn it around.

We arent getting European football this season, we just aren't good enough in my view

Matty, you really are like a child trapped in an adult’s body, aren’t you?

I suggest you stick to keeping me on ignore, like you said yesterday. Clearly my posts upset you a great deal because you reply to them multiple times every day with the same inane responses.

your posts are comedy gold. Your little Carlo out fan brigade isn’t getting anywere

carry on you kopite

Status
Not open for further replies.