2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from 3 lads he's still got the same tripe that everyone said was rubbish and needed shifting. Still a lot of work to do, a few other managers have suffered by a few of these players so it wasn't going to change over night.

Wrong, he’s got 6 new players if you include new signings Godfrey, Nkounkou and Olsen, two of which he refuses to play.

He doesn’t have a squad to go with it though that won a title not that long ago and has recruited very well ever since. Rodgers has multiple players for every position who can come in and do a job. He has selection choices all over the field. He has a top goalkeeper. Carlo has about 5 decent players then he is selecting from players that other premier league teams wouldn’t take.

Rodgers would be a complete and utter train wreck with this squad.
Recruited well? They bought Slimani for big money and had to ship him out because he was awful.

We don’t know how Rodgers would perform with this squad, however, we do know that Ancelotti is a complete and utter train wreck with this squad.

exactly mate. Carlo right now isn’t doing himself any favours with odd team selections in the full back slots more so. But he’s been here 5 mins and had one good window of HIS own players he wants. He needs more and more time sacking him as we’re in a rut doesnt fix a thing.
Im happy to give him more time, tbh i dont see any other manager coming in and instantly making a success out of our squad. But i cant get my head around his continual use of (in my opinion) players with no future at the club who consistently dont bring anything to the side. I dont buy the 'carlo's putting them in the shop window' crap either, i just see it as he wants to take as little risk as possible and hope he gets 2/3 goal out of our front three as we concede for fun.
I'd have thought he would want to install a culture at the club, a hunger among the players to improve.. but giving Sig the armband/starting Delph instead of a promising LB/Sig left side instead of Gordon at Newcastle gives the wrong impression i think to the whole club.

Wrong, he’s got 6 new players if you include new signings Godfrey, Nkounkou and Olsen, two of which he refuses to play.
I'll give you Godfrey, Nkounkou wasn't bought for now really but he should be playing but the first team is 3 lads different, 4 when Godfrey plays. Out of a squad which was collectively agreed wasn't good enough and needed punting, people got too carried away at the start and are now getting too carried away at a poor run.

Status
Not open for further replies.