2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Liverpool Abd city will most likely finish top 2 and Leeds between 8th and 13th.
because it Basically comes down to having great players. Yes a great manager can that bit extra out and win games they shouldn’t, due to great tactical changes.

Let’s not forget Leeds collapsed 2 seasons ago and a lot of people think they were starting to go again last season and covid saved them, will be interesting if they can keep this style up all season in a much tougher league.
Of course, the qualities of the players make up a large part. The great thing about Barcelona when Pep was coach was not only that they won so much, but the way they did it. The great thing about Leeds under Bielsa is not necessarily the results, but the way they do it. When Leeds play, I feel like sitting down to enjoy the football game, and I get entertained.

This is my opinion, and philosophy, but I think football should be entertaining. It should be fun to watch, and the intention with football is to score goals. Coaches who manage to make teams that entertain, but at the same time win a good part of their matches are my heroes. Because it's incredibly difficult to do. The easiest thing in football is to defend yourself, and just think about results. But where's the fun in that?

I'm not happy with either Allan or Doucoure right now. They don't seem to have a clue how to play alongside each other. Allan was good and Doucoure was bad last week. Doucoure was slightly better today but Allan was really bad today.

They have to start taking responsibility for protecting the back 4 and looking after the ball. In the first 30 minutes today, the amount of short or square balls they got wrong today was shocking.

It looks like neither of them can play in a 2 which is extremely frustrating. That was surely the whole point of investing in the midfield, to give us some tactical flexibility. We just can't seem to find consistent midfielders and carry very little goal threat in midfield either.

Honestly don't think Allan was 'bad' today. He puts in the same performance in every game. Starts slow, gets better. He did it again today.

They don't know how to play together in a two, definitely, and then in a three Carlo seemed to overcomplicate it again in the second half. The tactics were - again - to drop deep. We had James all over the place, but in our own half, and Doucoure sitting on top of the right-back.

In that last 15 of the first half we just went 4-3-3 and played it like we did at the start of the season.

I do blame the players and there was a point in the second half where Doucoure sprinted out with the ball, then got 20 yards and, instead of carrying on, passed to Gomes, who then lost it by trying a silly pass onto the fb when all he should have done was run.

Allan, before he went off, did start doing some of those runs from deep that we saw last week. But it's not enough, and each of them seem to be caught between loads of jobs. Again, though, some of that at least is on the manager.

Point taken.
And who did we sign in the first one?
Don't make excuses for someone who doesn't do their job correctly. If your have 2 chances to do something but only choose to do it once that's on them.

Just like someone who claims they are happy with their FB backups but then don't choose any player. Or chooses a LW as their RB. Or let's the ONLY backup CF go away on loan with no replaeenny

If ONLY there was more than ONE chance for them to improve something.

Carlo is a manager and not a coach. He is a Ferguson or a Van Gaal, someone who demands the upmost respect but gets other people to do the work on the training pitch. Ferguson sought out the best coaches of their generation and allowed them to coach the players whilst he kept his distance.

Carlo has his lad as assistant manager and Dunc as part of the Kenwright benevolent society.
I'm not saying they are right though. Just that they regard Ancelotti far higher than Bielsa. Maybe that is wrong.

Re Van Gaal, again like Bielsa, they are worlds apart in what they have achieved and how well they were viewed. Ancelotti managed top clubs in the top 5 leagues. Van Gaal did so in 2 leagues.

And yes, maybe Ancelotti is yesterdays man. That's true of any manager though isnt it?
He won the champions league with Ajax when eriedivisie was better regarded than ligue 1, so I'd say 3 top leagues. la liga and bundesliga being the other two. So I'd say a fairly similar record to carlo.

Of course, the qualities of the players make up a large part. The great thing about Barcelona when Pep was coach was not only that they won so much, but the way they did it. The great thing about Leeds under Bielsa is not necessarily the results, but the way they do it. When Leeds play, I feel like sitting down to enjoy the football game, and I get entertained.

This is my opinion, and philosophy, but I think football should be entertaining. It should be fun to watch, and the intention with football is to score goals. Coaches who manage to make teams that entertain, but at the same time win a good part of their matches are my heroes. Because it's incredibly difficult to do. The easiest thing in football is to defend yourself, and just think about results. But where's the fun in that?
Absolutely.

Look at how many fantastic games Leeds have been involved in already. They were robbed against The RS, went toe to toe with City and then battered Arsenal and somehow ended up 0-0.

The two most interesting team to watch form for differing reasons are Leeds and Wolves.

I get that and of course we all want to see an exciting Everton team, personally if Ancelotti left tomorrow and the choice was mourinho or Bielsa.

It Would be mourinho all day for me, because he’s a winner and proved he can get results, even If it all goes pear shaped 2/3 years later.

Bielsa is doing a great job at Leeds and if they keep playing this way and entertaining. I’m sure Leeds fans will be over the moon. And if he keeps them mid table for 3 years, even if they don’t win anything or qualify fir Europe, I’m still sure Leeds fans will be happy after 16 years out of the top flight.

Managing Everton is a totally different ball game. Would Bielsa be getting more out of our players the moment?
Possibly, but would he get the time, unfortunately we are desperate for success Abd every manager is bang under pressure.

Ancelotti I feel will get more time off the fans, because of his stature in the game. And I believe he would be more likely to deliver success eventually , than Bielsa would.

Of course time will tell.

He won the champions league with Ajax when eriedivisie was better regarded than ligue 1, so I'd say 3 top leagues. la liga and bundesliga being the other two. So I'd say a fairly similar record to carlo.
Thanks for reminding me of that Ajax team.

Hands down one of the most talented teams I have ever seen. Even now I look at the squad and say wow did he really play for them.

Absolutely.

Look at how many fantastic games Leeds have been involved in already. They were robbed against The RS, went toe to toe with City and then battered Arsenal and somehow ended up 0-0.

The two most interesting team to watch form for differing reasons are Leeds and Wolves.
But wolves are a negative boring team. That stat doing the rounds last week.

85 games in the premier league, since they came up. They have gone in at halftime goalless in 60 of them.

Let’s get bielsa in lads, the play pure lovely football but never actually win sweet fa. Genuinely despise our fans, we get the club we deserve.
F0A5DFDD-F1C1-4F60-9C6A-95DDA8BEF095.png

Sam Allardyce got us in the top 8. He wasn't bought in to secure our mid table position.
Comon we played such Negative football, played more square pegs in round holes and somehow got wins and draws which if we are honest we we’re lucky to be in 8th. We got beat by 5 goals away to Tottenham and Arsenal, United and City beat us by 3 at home and i could have counted the shots in them games on one hand. Carlo has his work cut out and making mistake but it took me alll my strength and resolve to turn up at matches under Big Sam. He done a job and I thank him for that when we was in a panic. End of

Status
Not open for further replies.