2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we, at the end of last season lokked at all the squad individually and asked ourselves, if they are good enough to help us get top 4 and compete.
all opinions I know, here’s mine
Pickford:- No
Keane:-No
Mina:- No
Delph:- No
Gomes :- No
Siggurdsson:- No
Iwobi:- No/maybe benefit of the doubt after first season, that was disrupted by injury/covid
Tosun:-No
DCL:- yes
Richarlison:- Yes

obviously I’ve not added the new signings and only picked the players who played today. my point is that unfortunately we are still picking players we all know aren’t good enough. Though Ancelotti hasn’t helped himself with some of his systems and selections.

James and Richarlison haven’t been great for the last few games. But like I mentioned last week, we have no quality in the bench to bring for them 2 or DCL for that matter.
It’s early days and Ancelotti needs more time and windows. But the lack of aggression and desire is a bit worrying. We should Beat Burnley In 2nd gear

Last edited:
He hasn't carried any threat for me. I'm sorry, but I just dont agree with the "play the youth and everything will be alright" mentality. Our young players haven't been able to make the step up since Barkley.
Spot on, you also run the danger of overhyping that seems to happen with any young player that has a few games.

If we, at the end of last season lokked at all the squad individually and asked ourselves, if they are good enough to help us get top 4 and compete.
all options I know, here’s mine
Pickford:- No
Keane:-No
Mina:- No
Delph:- No
Gomes :- No
Siggurdsson:- No
Iwobi:- No/maybe benefit of the doubt after first season, that was disrupted by injury/covid
Tosun:-No
DCL:- yes
Richarlison:- Yes

obviously I’ve not added the new signings and only picked the players who played today. my point is that unfortunately we are still picking players we all know aren’t good enough. Though Ancelotti hasn’t helped himself with some of his systems and selections.

James and Richarlison haven’t been great for the last few games. But like I mentioned last week, we have no quality in the bench to bring for them 2 or DCL for that matter.
It’s early days and Ancelotti needs more time and windows. But the lack of aggression and desire is a bit worrying. We should Beat Burnley In 2nd gear

I think very few people think the top 4 is realistic, but we have expectations of the top 8. It is still possible, but we have taken 5 points in the last 7 games. In the next matches we will meet much stronger opponents, and the outcome of these matches will define the season. Ancelotti is under pressure and will have to deliver in the next matches.

Gordon would do more than Siggurdsson & Bernard

No doubt in my mind.

Simms could probably do no worse than Toshun either

Not ideal but to persist with the same overpaid cowards who have done nothing for us is scandalous.
Simms only experience is playing against lower league cloggers for the U23s in the EFL Trophy, it’s a much different level going straight into a Premier League game

You didn't say it, but you're saying we may be over hyping the youth. Well, let's see some of em play and see if they are better or worse than siggy and delph.
We’ve done it for years, see the likes of Vaughan, Anichebe, Pennington, Chadwick, Cadamarteri, Jeffers and so on. Hell Barkley is the biggest example, hyped up to hell, doing fairly well in the first team but soon as he made a few errors it turned toxic very quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.