2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
No he shouldn't

Anyone wanting to sack Ancelotti after 1 full season is talking utter nonsense
So how long do we wait? Football isn’t a game where you get time. He has to deliver Europe. The teams who will realistically challenge us for 7th are: Southampton, Leicester and Wolves.

£11m p/a Ancelotti, who has a squad that cost well above our rivals’ should be able to do that. If he doesn’t, that is failure.

I don’t think I will ever see this new reign as that until all of Ronald Koeman’s, Sam Allardyce’s & Marco Silva’s signings have been jibbed off.

It’s so depressing seeing the likes of Sigurdsson and Tosun still getting minutes for this club despite neither contributing anything for nearly 3 years now.

But the majority of them weren't their signings. The man who brought a fair old percentage of them remains in employment here. Can't see a massive improvement forthcoming in that regard.

Definitely. There’s no point paying £11m p/a, one of the world’s highest wages, to not get Europe.

He’ll be sacked and rightly so.

I hope it doesn’t come to that because I think he’s a great man but this is a results business.

He won't be sacked, and he shouldn't be, but I would imagine if we spend money in January and don't get into Europe then Moshiri will start having doubts, but he won't be considering sacking Ancelotti as he knows we were in a mess before he came in so will give him time.

Last edited:
He should be able to set a team up, every game now right back over run ...teams are sussing that out every attack from the kick off down the right hand side - our playmaker should be in the middle drop Sig put a winger out there to help the right back ..,.one winger every game leave a large gap plus when Coleman went forwards nothing there .......our play maker slots into the site position just basics fgs .....
He's got to be given a couple of windows to get his own players in. Then we can judge how he sets a team up.

P28 W12 D7 L9

International break coming on. We must start winning after that.

Team vs Fulham away.

Olsen

Coleman Mina Keane Digne

Doucouré Allan

Iwobi James Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

Subs: Pickford, Holgate, Delph, Bernard, Gomes, Gordon, Simms.

After Olsen playing well last week, Ancelotti drops him and brings back Pickford. That is weak management imo. For a team managed by an Italian, we sure do concede a lot of goals. We were beaten pretty comfortably, by an out of form United side, and they were playing in Europe during the week as well.

We are on the slide at the moment, and the manager needs to reverse this and get things back on track asap. We know the squad depth is pretty poor, but the challenge for Ancelotti now, is whether he has the bottle to drop the likes of Pickford Keane Sigurdsson etc. Today was really poor, and today is the first time I've felt annoyed with the manager.

To be fair Ancelotti said before the Newcastle game that Pickford would be back in against the Mancs so even though I can't stand Pickford I haven't got a problem with what he did.

He has to pick 11 players

Only about 5 are good enough
Actually, Keane, Holgate, Coleman, Digne, Godfrey as well as the young LB and the three new signings DCL, Bernard and Richy have shown enough that they are above average to very good to downright brilliant; Add Olsen, Gordon, Gbamin and possibly Simms and we never have to see the cancer that is Sigurdson ever again...I cannot understand what this fraud does that makes manager pick him.

Ultimately all he does is get them the sack, whilst smiling and pointing.

I don't think people realize we have 30 games left, It's still early days, However we have Fulham/Leeds/Burnley next we must try to get 9 points from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.