2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at our wafer thin squad mate, we don`t have much choice.

Albeit the not playing of Gordon is a strange one.

We can`t make likes of Besic, Bolassie, Delph, Siggurdson go, as they`re on contracts.
We cant make them go but we can not play them, sigurdsson is starting and captaining us. He is utter filth

If he keeps playing Gylfi I will be calling for his head eventually.

Funny how Mourinho can be criticised after winning what he has in the game, but Ancelotti is immune because he's Ancelotti.

You dont hear the Spurs fans defendimg Mourinho by just repeating 'but he's Mourinho and he's won loads of stuff'. That appears to be happening here.
Imo not a manager but I’m still finding some of Ancelottis team selections strange, why isn’t Gordon getting a go, why is Sigs getting picked a lot?

How long do we just sit around a lazily blame Kidman and Walsh now.

It was 3 years ago now, our current DOF has still got Sigurdsson in the squad even though it’s clear to see he’s god awful and doesn’t suit us
I am as frustrated as you are you mate but can’t lay blame on brands for sigurdsson. No one wants to pay up for him unless we accepted a really low fee. Even then would they come in for him. Then they would have to agree wages and the player wanting to move. We are stuck with him. I’m angry we didn’t get extra 2 players in, because we all knew we are lacking depth off quality. Yet again how tied are we with FFP. We are club that always gets made an example off. What we can agree on brands tho is the decision to send kean on loan with no back up. And for Walcott to go. Obviously Gordon ain’t good enough at the moment. Poor decisions by him and Carlo.

Imo not a manager but I’m still finding some of Ancelottis team selections strange, why isn’t Gordon getting a go, why is Sigs getting picked a lot?
Siggurdson has a better goalscoring record than Gomes who offers little going forward. We are crying out for some pace in midfield.

Wasn't backed in the summer with proper game changing money. Chelsea were spending more on an individual player.

Hes been shafted by a combination of the gutless koeman and silva players, Brands incompetence, and a lack of backing.

How long do we just sit around a lazily blame Kidman and Walsh now.

It was 3 years ago now, our current DOF has still got Sigurdsson in the squad even though it’s clear to see he’s god awful and doesn’t suit us

People should have done more since without question , but Koeman has set us back 5 years, no doubt in my mind about that. Martinez left him a complete mess but he still had a spine of Stones, Barkley Lukaku and a very good fullback pairing. Moshiri then gave him a blank chequebook plus the money for the three gems we had which he sold, and he lumbered us with these players most on 5 year deals and sky high wages:

Bolasie, Ashley Williams, Schneiderlin, Siggurdson, Klaassen, Sandro, Rooney, Pickford, Keane, Lookman, Vlasic, Onyekeru, Cuco Martina.

You can’t just recover from that within a few windows. He sold our prized assets, and took all our cash, and left us with millstones that couldn’t be shifted, and effectively tied the hands of every manager who has followed that are now restricted by FFP and our massive wage bill. I’m even tempted to blame him for Tosun and Walcott as we were in such a mess we needed forward reinforcement that window and massively overpaid.

The entirety of Brands’ work so far has mainly just been getting rid of the waste Koeman left us with. Yes he’s had some bad buys also mainly Iwobi, but even now our team is still containing multiple players from squads that have seen three managers fired. Until all of them are rooted out and punted out the club we won’t achieve anything.

Wasn't backed in the summer with proper game changing money. Chelsea were spending more on an individual player.

Hes been shafted by a combination of the gutless koeman and silva players, Brands incompetence, and a lack of backing.

Spot on

Zaha & Josh King/Milik completely changes these last 3 results.

Biggest disappointment for me is how bad we are defensivley . One clean sheet so far is very poor . He needs to sort that out.

You sort that out by defending from the front, really.

Have more threat going forward - and you can play a more balanced system.

We look all over the place atm and our wide forwards are basically playing on top of the full-backs.

It's 4-5-1 rather than 4-3-3.

yeah we would disagree there, I definitely would accept as an excuse.....

Siggurdsson, Delph Tosun & Davies are very bad

Bernard JJK don’t seem much use other than as very very occasional starters or for some sub minutes

Pickford Gomes Mina Keane Coleman Holgate Iwobi Gordon cannot currently be relied upon as consistent reliable 30 games a season starters for where we would like to be (although can contribute on the way and some of them might get better....Iwobi close to going into the group with Bernard and JJK)

James DCL Richy Digne thank you very much fellas

the other new signings. Too soon to judge but I’m happy so far

he is going to have a squad and team for a while yet that will let us all down regularly and when he goes to drop players like Siggurdson the next option from the above pool will be no guarantee of success

if we finish top 8 with the above, then for his first full season that for me is him making it work with what he has got
I think this is one of those weird quirks of evertonian expectations I was talking about earlier. People felt Silva was underachieving coming 8th with Bernard as a key first teamer but think if Ancelotti would do well to finish 8th because Bernard isn’t a good enough replacement for James flaming Rodríguez. Makes no sense at all but hey ho.

You sort that out by defending from the front, really.

Have more threat going forward - and you can play a more balanced system.

We look all over the place atm and our wide forwards are basically playing on top of the full-backs.

It's 4-5-1 rather than 4-3-3.

Individual errors all over the show. No matter who partners Keane they make basic errors. Holgate and Mina both far from good enough for a top 6 club. If they cant pick up men from crosses then maybe this is a level too high for them.

I think this is one of those weird quirks of evertonian expectations I was talking about earlier. People felt Silva was underachieving coming 8th with Bernard as a key first teamer but think if Ancelotti would do well to finish 8th because Bernard isn’t a good enough replacement for James flaming Rodríguez. Makes no sense at all but hey ho.

I thought silva did alright to get 8th, so not me

How can we be so bad defensively this season and there isn’t even a hint of it getting better?

If anything, we get worse every game.

This is not good enough. Nowhere near good enough in fact.

What has been worked on to improve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.