2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
However, if we have our best starting XI available for the vast majority of our league matches this season
That's the problem: we won't. Injuries will, inevitably, see to that and crazy, avoidable suspensions will ensure that this happens no more than 10-15 times this season. The reality is we will be depending on the likes of Iwobi, Delph, Sigurdsson, Davies, and Kenny to come in regularly - and often collectively - and rise to the occasion. Not going to happen.

We'll generally be good for those 10-15 games, but that won't be enough. If we can't get lucky with injuries, we really need to get smart with suspensions.

Always going to be difficult with Richy and sheamo out, and James not fully recovered. Not sure I would have dropped gomes, unless he wasn't fully fit, but that's Carlos job and I understand why he picked the team that he did. I Can't have a go at Godfrey, he tried his best but was shown lacking at RB - he will learn from today.

Carlo trusted iwobbly and siggy to step in and perform today, and he even gave siggy the armband - they threw him under the bus with their performance and completely affected and derailed the rest of the side.

Allan and Doucs looked flat, but then with siggy as captain I get why - he drags others around him down to his level like no other player I have ever seen.

Iwobi - no words for that showing.

Carlo doesn't make many mistakes, and I am sure he will learn from it (siggy should never skipper the club again!) and that should be it for siggy and iwobbly as starters now, maybe coming off the bench they can add something, but I'm not even sure they are capable of that.

I hope flash, Tommy d, Bernie, nkounkou or even some of the ressies now get 1st team game time ahead of these two charlatans - they ain't fit to pull on the royal blue jersey.

A little reality check for us, but that's all - the good work that's gone before still stands - key to see how we react now, but we are a lot more mentally stronger than previous seasons, and I am still very positive (despite the above tirade, honest!) and that's thanks to our world class manager.

UTFT!

How many times have we won 4 premier league away games in a row? Probably never. They’re the standards he’s making us expect now. It was never going to go from utterly abysmal to amazing in one season without any hiccups. Klopp took 2 to do it, Pep took a whole season. Ancelotti has had half of one.

you do realize there’s no fans in the ground. Of course teams will win more away games than they ever had, it’s less intimidating to play! All these stats about how we could win four away games and how it compares with the record books is total garbage.

Why is everyone on a proper downer? We got beat yesterday where under par. Missing a couple of players and got beat by a good team. I’ve seen get rolled by much worse outfits. Comon we are top of the league FFS and it’s a long season. We will get these players back and get back on a roll. Also we get a chance to see if certain players can cut it or not which will make things more transparent for the transfer windows ahead. Carlo is doing a fine job and the players in the main have played well this season. Let’s get behind them not slag everyone off the minute we lose a game.

If there is anyone who doesn't believe carlo still has fire in his belly and was coming here for his last big payday listen to his interview yesterday. Just firing shots at the media and refs politely the guy ooooooooozes class. I'm not worried that we lost a game just hope he can rally the players and get the result against the barcodes DCL to score again next week

Our brilliant start hid a few home truths: the team/squad is short on skilled players. Iwobi, Bernard and Gilfi are not good enough, something that was confirmed yesterday but the biggest truth is that Carlo's re-build will take another year or two. Bernard and Gilfi will be off next year but we have years of suffering with Iwobi ahead of us.

I don't think Carlo got it wrong yesterday. He gave experienced, squad players a chance to shine and they let him down.

That international break did us no favours at all. Absolutely pathetic to have some of our players playing 3 times in a week in pointless friendlies.

Questions have to be asked though as to why one international break seems to have completely derailed our performance levels. Everything was going fine up until that West Ham cup game and from there on it seems no one can get themselves fit. The level we had against Spurs Crystal Palace and West Brom hasn’t been seen in any games since.

Status
Not open for further replies.