2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH BRIGHTON P/C

On start to season
We are really pleased [with the start]. But we want and we have, and the players are focused, with what is going on. It is only the start. The season is long.
I have told them there will be difficulties. But the spirit of the team is really good.

On Calvert-Lewin England call-up
Great achievement for him [England call-up]. I hope it will not be the last. It depends on him. He is doing really well. He needs to have consistency

On Godfrey
Something can be true, something can be wrong, The situation is I am really happy the market is going to be closed in the next few days and we are not going to talk about this. There can be some surprise at the end, but I want to talk about the game."

On Moise Kean future
He has a future in Everton. The club made a big, big investment on him. This week he was not well so didn't train. He will not be in the squad tomorrow for this reason.

On Brighton
I saw the game v Man Utd. I have to say that they played a fantastic game. Their idea of football is really clear because they like to attack. It will be an open game. The winners will be the ones who defend better, not attack better.

Injury latest
Richarlison to have a test tomorrow to see if he is fit for Brighton

Allan, Gomes and Kenny out
Branthwaite, Holgate, Allan and Kean all out tomorrow

On Calvert-Lewin
He is a complete striker. It is not easy to find a striker with these characteristics. “My target for him hasn’t changed. I never asked strikers to score goals, I ask strikers to work hard for the team
Carlo Ancelotti on DCL starting his career in midfield: “I didn’t know he was a midfielder. I started as a striker and ended up as a midfielder. His physical style is not like a midfield, it’s like a striker and he is a striker

Bolasie future update
Bolasie is training well, professionally. He is not part of the squad. He can train with us until he finds a club at the end of the market. I have told him that we have a big squad and unfortunately there is no space for him.

Warning
This beautiful bubble where we live will finish. When it does the squad has to be strong

Why things have clicked this season
The new players have improved the squad. The atmosphere is good.

More on injuries
Allan will be fit after international break for Liverpool Game 100%
Kenny out for around a month
Gomes I think he will be ready [for Liverpool], if we played Sunday or Monday he’d be ready.

On James' international call-up
Ancelotti asked about Rodriguez playing for Colombia in the international break: "James is fit, in good condition, He can go and play for the national team. The last game is on Oct 14 but Oct 13 in Chile. He doesn't have a lot of time to recover but I hope he recovers well. if he doesn’t. He will be on the bench simple as That
The market

"There can be some surprise at the end"

Feeling all moist here.

Announce Christiano ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.