2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I just don’t think Gomes likes to be that dominant midfielder who we all expect the work to come from. I feel like he’s more than happy to just keep things moving around in the middle and tidying up when needs be as opposed to bombing it from box to box as was expected of him last season in a 2 man midfield where multiple times he was completely exposed.

As that analysis showed I think what we were expecting off Gomes is what we will get from Doucoure. Gomes will sit deeper and keep things ticking over to keep the link between defence and our other midfielders as well as covering for Digne.
I think you are perfectly correct as when you see Andre on video he is a humble quiet type and i think you have nailed it there .

The thing is our midfield is now meant to be a cohesive unit that is greater than the sum of it’s parts with the ability to contribute to so many different aspects of play that we don’t really need any one player in there to dominate the game anymore. The days of a midfield 2 are long gone!
I don't know whether you had the chance to see the holy trinity but I was a teenager and I told all my friends that I was sure they had radios hidden because they knew where each other would be . Now I know they were super heroes but that is another story .

He has that aura of someone you'd hate to disappoint. Reminds me of a boss I used to have, had my best years in recruitment under him but he was the quietest, most hands-off individual you could imagine. I didn't want to fail him and couldn't even tell you now why that was
That’s the impression I get from him,all the players who’s played for him love him and don’t wanna let him down as opposed to fear him great man,

For me I just don’t think Gomes likes to be that dominant midfielder who we all expect the work to come from. I feel like he’s more than happy to just keep things moving around in the middle and tidying up when needs be as opposed to bombing it from box to box as was expected of him last season in a 2 man midfield where multiple times he was completely exposed.

As that analysis showed I think what we were expecting off Gomes is what we will get from Doucoure. Gomes will sit deeper and keep things ticking over to keep the link between defence and our other midfielders as well as covering for Digne.
That's his role in the team though?

He isn't a box to box midfielder, he sprays passes from deep. Best decision we could have made was giving him 2 others to do the work and let him focus on his game.

Gomes at his best is beautiful to watch.

Penny for your thoughts Carlo on the drive back.
Scrolling through his phone looking for a keeper.
Got to be going through his head tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.