2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We win 4 on the spin, and the cry asses say jot, not even any praise atall. We lose one game and it’s Carlo is past it! and watch us slide! and we’ve been bad all season @Kev The Rat. If so how are we 4th?

half of you deserve Ian dowie for life

as you certainly don’t deserve Carlo.
No praise at all? Hi Matty is this a case of seeing what you want to see so you can sit on your high horse like a superfan? Carlo ancelotti has received more praise than anyone sense bobby's first season and tightly so, has anyone even said Carlo is past It?

As I say, it’s not just the result yesterday, the big disappointments when a bit of pressure and/or expectation is applied come at Goodison.

Yesterday’s result was very predictable. We’re one of the most boring and predictable clubs in the league to follow.

Anytime there is an opportunity to grasp, nine times out of ten we all know what happens, hence the phrase has been coined ‘Everton, that’.

You’d think bringing in a manager who has done it all, like Ancelotti, would’ve changed it but it hasn’t. Maybe once he gets more of his players through the door it will.

Handling expectation is what top clubs do.

Carlo has changed it. We are on 29 points from 16 matches.

This time last season we had just beaten Chelsea to go to 17 points from 16 matches.

We have seen a huge improvement in a short space of time.

We win 4 on the spin, and the cry asses say jot, not even any praise atall. We lose one game and it’s Carlo is past it! and watch us slide! and we’ve been bad all season @Kev The Rat. If so how are we 4th?

Leave @Kev The Rat alone you monster, he`s still in mourning for Allardyce lol

We are lucky to have Carlo. We don’t have good enough backup players at the moment. Just one of those days yesterday.

No praise at all? Hi Matty is this a case of seeing what you want to see so you can sit on your high horse like a superfan? Carlo ancelotti has received more praise than anyone sense bobby's first season and tightly so, has anyone even said Carlo is past It?
Still having nightmare because of his second and third season.

Brands takes the flack for me - lets be honest Godfrey aside (who even then cost us £25 million) his signings have been lazy and largely just sign whatever cast off the big clubs deem not good enough.

You have players like Eze going for £18 million, Soucek for £15 million - why isn't our supposed world class DOF (renowned for unearthing talent im told) nowhere to be seen bringing in these players?

These days every PL side has money it all comes down to quality of manager and recruitment - we have the former in Carlo but we are severely lacking in the latter.

Even this window we'll bring in someone like Khedira or Isco (not that I wouldn't be happy enough with those deals) but its just lazy and not addressing the fundamental issue that we are desperately for ambitious players with fight and importantly Pace Pace Pace!

Id have probably argued against you a season ago but to be honest I don’t know the scope of what Brands does. If it’s to get the manager’s deals over the line within the financial goalposts available to the club then I’d argue he’s done that. Ancelotti obviously had a list that had James and Allan as top targets and the club delivered them. Equally Silva had Richarlison on his and the club delivered that.

The rumours of Isco and Khedira seem to make it clear that the manager is suggesting the players. If that’s a change in tact from the Silva regime then Brands can take some flak for the likes of Delph Mina Kean Bernard etc. If it’s not a change though then how do we know that Brands didn’t just deliver the players Silva wanted?

Part of it is bad luck also. If Gbamin was fit, Gomes hadn’t broken his leg, Allan and James were ever presents then I’d doubt we’d ever see Davies and Siggurdson. Carlo has done his best to phase out both but they keep returning because they stay fit when the others don’t.

You’re completely right though, the game is about pace and we don’t have much. That doesn’t mean I want us to buy Zaha for 70 million. But the likes of Godfrey and Doucoure are the direction we should be going in. To that end it was annoying we got rid of Lookman and Kean but neither seemed to want to play for us.

I think we’ve got an ok core of quick (enough) powerful players in Godfrey Holgate Digne Doucoure Allan Richarlison DCL Iwobi. It’s nowhere near enough though especially when a few are missing. We need to add to this group but it’s encouraging that 6 of those 8 names have arrived in recent windows.

Still having nightmare because of his second and third season.

Hahahaha they were weird them, like in his second season league wise awful but we ha that good Europe run which ended solely because of Alcatraz, and then third season league wise was even worse but got to the semis of both domestic cups and propa cheated out of the second leg Vs city because of their goal which went out of play.

Hahahaha they were weird them, like in his second season league wise awful but we ha that good Europe run which ended solely because of Alcatraz, and then third season league wise was even worse but got to the semis of both domestic cups and propa cheated out of the second leg Vs city because of their goal which went out of play.
Come on mate Bob was a failure here. I don’t care about semi final medals. We won nothing there.

It’s quite mad how a large portion of the real disappointing matches come at Goodison, the place you’d expect us to turn up at.

West Ham stopping us going second yesterday.

An awful Crystal Palace side ending our run late in the season when fourth was looking pretty much ours in Martinez’s first season.

Numerous cup exits: Fiorentina, Man Utd, Leicester, Wigan, Reading and Chelsea stick out.

The mentality of this club is just awful. On the flip side to us, Liverpool use Anfield to their advantage.

Oh. We must have lost. The dickheads back.
Didnt see you for a while.

This time last season we had just beaten Chelsea to go to 17 points from 16 matches.

We’ve improved for sure but that’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is when we’re expected to win, and a bit of pressure is applied, we tend not to be able to push on and do it.

There’s so many examples over the years and it is truly heartbreaking to see the same failures year in, year out.

We’ve improved for sure but that’s not what I’m saying. What I’m saying is when we’re expected and a bit of pressure is applied, we tend not to be able to push on and do it.

There’s so many examples over the years and it is truly heartbreaking to see the same failures year in, year out.

That is simply because we don't have the best players, due to the respective size of the club now.

Carlo is our possible chance to change that. It will take time, if he is to do so.

I also disagree right now anyway. We are literally sat in 4th position, having beaten Sheffield United last weekend when we "took the opportunity".

We had a match that didn't go for us and lost because of a deflection. It doesn't need this kind of reaction.

Yes I mean its hard to imagine what more people want.

We've gone from 18th to 4th. Some slip ups along the way. We essentially we went from the worst start to the season to te best start to a season. You are looking at a 70% improvement year on year above there.

One legitimate criticism might be, at times when we are poor we need to shut games out for a draw better. He's got an awful lot right though.

The other week I saw some peoplem laughably going on abotu Bielsa, who just got annihilated at Old Trafford. We have been competitive most games. Missing 5 ot 6 key first team starters yesterday too.

There’s this thing DoFs/Sporting Directors/Scouts do and that’s look at all areas of a player, such as would they fit into the manager’s system, do they have the right attitude, is a deal financially viable for the club. If any of that criteria doesn’t fit then they don’t proceed, it isn’t like on simulation games where you can just pick a player and sign them, it’s a lot more complexed

From what I understand, Brands has a team of people doing that - led by Steinsson.

Brands - from a transfer perspective - applies the finishing touches, gets the deals done etc.

I think @Saint Domingo and @ForeverBlue92 both raise valid points. It's definite a case of being hamstrung, though part of that is down to deals Brands has done himself. Brought in a lot of the same type of players, has left us short in certain areas each window and the squad is massively imbalanced.

He's done good things, and I trust him to get deals done when we do make a move, but it seems so sluggish at times.

I don't think one or two players would have won us the game yesterday if the team performed the way it did, but the issues we have now are the issues we had in October and, mostly, the issues we had this time last year, when we knew we needed another wide forward and another right-back.

Status
Not open for further replies.