2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
*40 points, which would have had us finish 8th on goal difference. I've literally written it in the post you are quoting.

You literally demanded Carlo to get 40 points from the 20 games he had as you would class that as a good return. 40 points from the 20 games would put Everton 4th (for the 20 games).

Wake up and smell the coffee @orly.

West Ham points since moyes took over: 20 from 19.
Yes. And as I said, West Ham have not been great.

But they have been unlucky and they are improving.

As a club they are interesting. Moyes did OK last time he was there. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Decent was not enough, and similar to what Everton have done now, they entirely focused on name when they were hiring. Pellegrini had won the league. He had managed Real Madrid. Ha was a massive coup. So the club gave him control. An old friend became the clubs new Director of Football. Lots of friends and family came in. As assistants, as scouts etc.

West Ham spent a lot of money under Pellegrini. He got his players in. Players from South America. Promising youngsters from Spain. Felipe Anderson came from Lazio. Yarmalenko came from Dortmund. They paid £45M for Haller that did nothing.

The only thing missing were results. The last few months under Pellegrini they did worse than what they did under Moyes. After spending hundreds of millions.

Many was surprised when Moyes came back. But he was always popular among the players from his first stint. Which is interesting. Because when West Ham secured their place in the league, it was with Moyes two clever no-name January signings and the old-timers. Rice, Antonio, Ogbonna, even Noble looked like footballer again. And they played some decent football. Without Pellegrini's big signings.

Not comparing Carlo with Pellegrini, but sometimes it can be clever to look past names. Both when it comes to managers and players. And knowing that Carlo has lasted less than two years in his 5(!) last clubs, it might not be smart to get in his players. We should get in good footballers. Footballers that will perform also after Carlo leaves the club. When Everton most likely will have a more modern approach.

Well they aren't a pub side are they Matthew, that's the point. We have at least two genuinely world class players in Richarlison and Digne. It's a weird sort of mental gymnastics that people perform when they insist we support the players at all costs and then use their perceived uselessness as a firewall to protect the manager's underperformance.
I have no idea what world class means anymore.

You literally demanded Carlo to get 40 points from the 20 games he had as you would class that as a good return. 40 points from the 20 games would put Everton 4th (for the 20 games).

Wake up and smell the coffee @orly.

47 points + 10 points = finish on 57 points = 8th.

I've literally written it out for you, several times.

Yes. And as I said, West Ham have not been great.

But they have been unlucky and they are improving.

As a club they are interesting. Moyes did OK last time he was there. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Decent was not enough, and similar to what Everton have done now, they entirely focused on name when they were hiring. Pellegrini had won the league. He had managed Real Madrid. Ha was a massive coup. So the club gave him control. An old friend became the clubs new Director of Football. Lots of friends and family came in. As assistants, as scouts etc.

West Ham spent a lot of money under Pellegrini. He got his players in. Players from South America. Promising youngsters from Spain. Felipe Anderson came from Lazio. Yarmalenko came from Dortmund. They paid £45M for Haller that did nothing.

The only thing missing were results. The last few months under Pellegrini they did worse than what they did under Moyes. After spending hundreds of millions.

Many was surprised when Moyes came back. But he was always popular among the players from his first stint. Which is interesting. Because when West Ham secured their place in the league, it was with Moyes two clever no-name January signings and the old-timers. Rice, Antonio, Ogbonna, even Noble looked like footballer again. And they played some decent football. Without Pellegrini's big signings.

Not comparing Carlo with Pellegrini, but sometimes it can be clever to look past names. Both when it comes to managers and players. And knowing that Carlo has lasted less than two years in his 5(!) last clubs, it might not be smart to get in his players. We should get in good footballers. Footballers that will perform also after Carlo leaves the club. When Everton most likely will have a more modern approach.
Id rather 30 points from 20 than 20 points from 19 but that’s just me i suppose.
at least I’m not sure 20 points from 19 is that clever.

47 points + 10 points = finish on 57 points = 8th.

I've literally written it out for you, several times.

Nonono orly don’t embarrass yourself. You said by getting 40 points from 20 games would have been a good return. You just think questions should be asked of 30, especially if Everton are paying the manager plus his son ~£13m a year combined.

So you are having a dig at Carlo and Davide.

40 points from the 20 games that Carlo had would put us 4th. Look at the table below orly. Getting E grade in GCSE maths is not that hard.
Screenshot 2020-08-04 at 11.36.44.png

Rep

Nonono orly don’t embarrass yourself. You said by getting 40 points from 20 games would have been a good return. You just think questions should be asked of 30, especially if Everton are paying the manager plus his son ~£13m a year combined.

40 points from the 20 games that Carlo had would put us 4th. Look at the table below orly. Getting E grade in GCSE maths is not that hard.

Rep

You've done it again here. That's not the league table is it mate , it is a form table.

If we got 40 points from 20 games (rather than 30) we'd have finished on 57 points.

I have literally said it over and over.

Rep
That’s form. Orly is saying we got 47 points over the course of the season. If we got 10
more we’d have 57 points. Which would have us in 8th.

He’s correct with his maths but his expectations are massively unrealistic.

Id rather 30 points from 20 than 20 points from 19 but that’s just me i suppose.
at least I’m not sure 20 points from 19 is that clever.
Pretty sure that I mentioned West Ham out of sheer entertainment value.

No place have I written or meant that West Ham have been better than Everton or that Moyes have been better than Carlo. But for now,in 2020, Carlo is a dinosaur compared to Moyes. That does not mean Moyes is cutting edge.

When it comes to style, anything goes when the results are great. I would have loved to a see a manager such as Diego Simeone have success with Everton. But a manager with Simeone-style football and mid-table results is a Tony Pulis. If Carlo wants to stick with his formation and tactics, he needs to be more Simeone and less Pulis.

That’s form. Orly is saying we got 47 points over the course of the season. If we got 10
more we’d have 57 points. Which would have us in 8th.

He’s correct with his maths but his expectations are massively unrealistic.

Bingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.