2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish until he can actually bring in a midfield he went a bit more direct.

Passing about with the current midfield is like pulling teeth.

Screenshot_20200716-200123~2.png

That's the idea of how Carlo wants us to attack with the ball.

Those middle 4 players at the moment have been Gomes, Iwobi, Davies, Siggy, Bernard.

A combined total of 3 assists, 2 goals, that is also too slow with no ball winner.

Can see that he'll want another attacking wide player and at least 2 CMs to even attempt to make it work.

It was always going
I’m not doubting he’s the best manager we’ve had (reputation and trophies tells us that ) but I just wish there was someone to give them a kick up the arse and make them with some kind of pride and hunger
There's nobody who will be able to do that consistently with this team. Nobody. Big Dunc managed it for a couple of games because the players were afraid of him but even then the team was drifting back to crap in the first seventy mins against Leicester in the cup and by the Arsenal game it was a case of two crap teams playing not to lose and settling for a draw. Big Dunc deserves a lot of respect for putting a rocket up the teams arse for the Chelsea and Man Utd games but the reality is that playing a handful of decent matchs and ensuring safety before being found out then playing crap for the rest of the season is what this team always does.

For 2 games we did. When we were in the bottom 3 and needed a reaction.. This league probably should never have started. And their is now nothin at stake. The issue here is the players. They have shown this for seasons now. Not the manager
The players lack motivation for me and look clueless other than a long ball. That’s a managers job to get them motivated and try to play decent football or a style of football. Pick the under 23s for dead rubber games if the players ain’t pulling there weight

The players lack motivation for me and look clueless other than a long ball. That’s a managers job to get them motivated and try to play decent football or a style of football. Pick the under 23s for dead rubber games if the players ain’t pulling there weight
He Knows what players he will want as part of his plans. If the u23s are not good enough goin forward then no point playing them. He has played gordon and now branthwaite. The rest obviously are not close to good enough.

He Knows what players he will want as part of his plans. If the u23s are not good enough goin forward then no point playing them. He has played gordon and now branthwaite. The rest obviously are not close to good enough.
Agreed. He’s given debuts to Gordon and Branthwaite.

Of the senior squad, I’d keep Pickford, Holgate, Digne, Gomes, Coleman, Baines, Walcott, Richarlison and DCL. Maybe Keane. The rest can go.

He's already told them who's in and who will be out if they can get rid.

It's no wonder some are just not bothered.

The level of performance that Carlo is getting out of the current players is worrying for me as we're looking for a big step up next season albeit with some new players. We've probably all talked about a malaise in the club where we have forgotten how to win / dig in. Even if we bring in four first team players with the right mental attitude will they be dragged down which is what seems to be happening over the last few years.

I'm worried but I expect big, big signings (who stay fit) else I can see much the same again next season.

I could understand it if we'd been in a good place prior to Anchelotti and our form had fallen off a cliff under him but it hasn't. We've been consistently garbage all season apart from a few weeks in Dec/Jan when Big Dunc put the fear of God into the players and then the team got the new manager bounce they always have. I mean, fair enough the manager isn't infallible and should be criticised when you think he's done wrong, but if anyone can seriously look at this team, what its done for the last few years and keeps doing to the club week after week after week and still think that Anchelotti (or any manager at this point) is the problem then I'm sorry to say this but you're an utter moron.
Sam allardyce did ok

For four games ffs. Silva got that out of them last season. They always have a little run before they revert to type. If you think that they wouldn't of stabbed Big Dunc in the back by now then you're delusional.
But you’re basing this on an assumption. Not fact. We have no idea what the players, team spirit, would be like if Ferguson was still in charge. Neither do I. But it couldn’t be any worse than this. It looks like the training ground is the most miserable place in the world right now. Finch farm must be like auschwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.