2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
A newspaper article with Carlo's son talking about their time at Everton was put up on Keys and Gray earlier this week. I wish I hadn't deleted it because I'd have like to give you the transcript.

He spoke about how happy they are here. Carlo has been made welcome and understands the 'people's club' description, the history and the passion of the supporters. He loves the place and wants to make his mark here. That's a brief summary but what he's saying is that he 'gets us'.
That old chestnut, it's a standard statement these days unfortunately.

A newspaper article with Carlo's son talking about their time at Everton was put up on Keys and Gray earlier this week. I wish I hadn't deleted it because I'd have like to give you the transcript.

He spoke about how happy they are here. Carlo has been made welcome and understands the 'people's club' description, the history and the passion of the supporters. He loves the place and wants to make his mark here. That's a brief summary but what he's saying is that he 'gets us'.

...I believe this is him (on the bike) with his son a few days ago in Formby, so he’s certainly local;

F2BD389E-38FF-448B-B9BB-B518502FBD0C.jpeg

It's kids stuff. It's like Justin Bieber going at the end of a concert your the best fans in the world.

to be successful you need a manager and players that want to be here and want to win for the club. Koeman saw us a stepping stone. Allardyce just used us for his own self promotion. Who knows what Silva was upto but he didn’t seem to care that much about anything. Ancelloti could be at any club in the world he wanted to but he’s here and seems to be far more emotionally involved than any manager since Martinez. That’s got to be a better position than we were under the previous three.

Ancelotti will have had some time to reflect on the squad now.

I dont see that as a negative, definitely a positive with the first window of his reign coming up.

Also puts more pressure on Brands to get it right.

Carlo should know by now who he wants to keep and the sort of players he wants to bring in. Brands has had this extra time to identify the players that meet Carlo's criteria and speak to agents.

We should be able to make our moves early in the window and get the players in ASAP.

It's kids stuff. It's like Justin Bieber going at the end of a concert your the best fans in the world.
Having the fans and playing group onside makes the job a heck of a lot easier. From all accounts hes a good man manager and pretty much every evertonian has a massive respect for Carlo due to his stature in the game.

and I don't want to here any guff that hes past it since the turn of the decade he has finished
Chelsea 1st, 2nd
PSG 2nd, 1st
Real Madrid 2nd, 2nd
Bayern munich 1st
Napoli 2nd

this season is an outlier given he has had half a season with both Napoli and us mans still a winner

Last edited:
Also puts more pressure on Brands to get it right.

Carlo should know by now who he wants to keep and the sort of players he wants to bring in. Brands has had this extra time to identify the players that meet Carlo's criteria and speak to agents.

We should be able to make our moves early in the window and get the players in ASAP.

Yeah, its not like theres complete uncertainty or nothing.

This will the hardest window that anybody will have worked in.

This is a world cup summer on steriods window.

Status
Not open for further replies.