2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Carlos is surprised at the capitulations in the Derby and this game. I think the strategy was fine, but the effort was not there. I say this with trepidation but BFS did moan once that he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch. Now, setting aside your opinions on the men, that's to me a sign of a lack of engagement from lplayers with instructions.
I dont think the strategy was fine v lpool and Chelsea away.

You simply dont play away against athletic/quick, young teams and play a weak midfield 4, especially not a central 2 with next to no mobility and tackling/pressing ability. To get results in those spots you generally need to pack midfield and try not to concede.

I wonder if Carlos is surprised at the capitulations in the Derby and this game. I think the strategy was fine, but the effort was not there. I say this with trepidation but BFS did moan once that he isn't the one kicking the ball on the pitch. Now, setting aside your opinions on the men, that's to me a sign of a lack of engagement from lplayers with instructions.
The strategy in both games was badly wrong in my opinion. Ancelotti is a great manager, but I think he's maybe not quite got to grips with managing lesser players just yet. That's not hugely surprising, hopefully by next season he'll be in a better position to send us out and compete.

His biggest impediment currently are those players who know that they are not rated by Ancelotti, and don't have a future here in the medium-term as regards playing regularly.

For this season, and likely next, he will have to include most of these players more often than not, so there is a make do and mend mentality I think. He might conclude that he has to be a bit more practical in that regard concerning tactics and organisation, especially against "big" teams and in away matches.

He hasn't managed at this level of quality for the majority of his career let's not forget. Polishing a turd is still an uphill task, regardless of whose name is on the managers door at Finch Farm.

His biggest impediment currently are those players who know that they are not rated by Ancelotti, and don't have a future here in the medium-term as regards playing regularly.

For this season, and likely next, he will have to include most of these players more often than not, so there is a make do and mend mentality I think. He might conclude that he has to be a bit more practical in that regard concerning tactics and organisation, especially against "big" teams and in away matches.

He hasn't managed at this level of quality for the majority of his career let's not forget. Polishing a turd is still an uphill task, regardless of whose name is on the managers door at Finch Farm.
But Carlo is a short-term manager. He isn't here for the long-term!

That’s exactly why he isn’t slating the likes of Sigurdsson because he will be even more useless than he already is. He also doesn’t really have any choice but to play a few wasters every week.

Just look at Spurs and Mourinho still hasn’t learned his lesson that you can’t publicly call out players any more and I’d be surprised if he lasts the whole of next season there.

That’s exactly why he isn’t slating the likes of Sigurdsson because he will be even more useless than he already is. He also doesn’t really have any choice but to play a few wasters every week.

Just look at Spurs and Mourinho still hasn’t learned his lesson that you can’t publicly call out players any more and I’d be surprised if he lasts the whole of next season there.
An absurd position if managers cannot publicly call out players. The players should be sacked before the managers, in many cases.

I haven't seen very much at all unhappy with Ancelotti. I think there are a healthy number who are perplexed (being generous here) at who he is selecting week in and week out despite them being absolutely gash.

Look at it this way. He needs to maintain the value of these players even if he doesn't rate them. Unless there's someone in the reserves who can significantly outperform them he's better playing them so that come the summer there's a chance of getting rid.

He knows football better than anyone. He knows the midfield isn't cutting it. He just lacks the options at the moment to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.