2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the CARLO PRE MAN UTD PC

Ancelotti on Coronavirus
In Italy it is a more difficult situation than here.
The only thing we can do here is follow Government advice.
I hope Italy sorts out the situation quickly.
Here, I hope everything will be okay.
"Individually in Italy they're not so, so worried. It's a difficult situation, I hope they move on quickly."

Ancelotti on Arsenal defeat
We need to focus on the mistakes we made. They were easy mistakes.
We work on that and I hope we can improve there.
The performance was good but we ruined it with little mistakes.

Ancelotti on European hopes
The fight for Europe is still open and it will be open after the game against United. A win against United will be important for our confidence."

Ancelotti on home form
This is really important. We have more confidence, we play with more focus. Playing at home is an advantage."
Our house is important. Our fans give us more confidence."

Ancelotti on Andre Gomes
"He is ready to start. He is closer to start than last week. He trained well, normally, properly."
"He showed more confidence this week than compared to last week."

Walcott and Digne injury update
Theo is fit. Digne has been training individually. We will check tomorrow."

Ancelotti on Sigurdsson

"My expectation from him, it's true he hasn't scored like last year but he's played in different positions. We lose him in front, but it doesn't matter. The expectation I have with him he was able to realise. He's doing well and of course I hope he can score."

Ancelotti on previously being linked to Man Utd job
I remember that I have and still have a good relationship with Sir Alex. That is all.
I don’t remember any other rumours.
I hope Sir Alex can come see the game and I can say hello to him.

Ancelotti on Holgate transfer rumours
I think it’s a rumour.
If it’s not a rumour, I can say Mason Holgate is an important part for the future of Everton and there is no possibility of him going to another club.

Ancelotti on tactics
On formation: "We try to attack more to give them [the strikers] opportunity to have more chances. Both are doing really well. It's not a problem of the system."

Ancelotti on Man Utd signing Bruno Fernandes
"He's doing really well. I was not surprised because I know his quality.
He plays in a really important for them, and a really dangerous position for us."

No pressure on Gomes'
I think no-one has put pressure on him. The club absolutely not, myself absolutely not.
He is ready to play and every one of us has total confidence in him."
He knows he is really important for this club, and that is not going to put more pressure on him.
The expectation for him can be a good motivation."

I honestly watched 2 minutes of the press conference and thought to myself, "no need, Ring Master will lob the best bits up anyway" lol

I like Ancelotti, but I still prefer these little updates mate ;)

Just watched his press conference, this guy is pure class, what he says you have got to believe him, when he talks about Holgate he says there is zero chance of him leaving, and I 100% believe him the club will dare not sell him against Carlos wishes.

He wants to build a winning team and I for one can’t wait

Could it be in time for the opening of BMD or earlier?:celebrate:

Decent article in the Sunday Times by Souness today

Everton to surprise tilt at Champions League qualification
Graeme Souness
Sunday February 02 2020, 12.00am, The Sunday Times

The uncertainty over Manchester City’s European ban, plus the inconsistency of Chelsea and Tottenham, has opened the Champions League door to any club that can put together a good run of results between now and the end of the season. The clubs in contention won’t be shouting about it publicly, but they will all be talking about the possibility privately.
Everton and Manchester United, who meet this afternoon, certainly come into that category. United lost 4-0 at Goodison last April and they know this game could be crucial in building the momentum to push for a top-four place, but I’ve been impressed by the job that Carlo Ancelotti has done at Everton so far and they are only five points behind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
I was surprised that Everton were able to attract the 60-year-old Italian in December because his track record makes him management royalty. He has won Serie A with Milan, the Premier League with Chelsea, Ligue 1 with Paris Saint-Germain and the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich, as well as the Champions League three times: twice with Milan and once with Real Madrid.
How could Everton’s players not be impressed by that CV? It is arguably the best in the business. What a starting point that is for them. What a chance to learn from him.
Ancelotti is up there with Arrigo Sacchi, Marcello Lippi and Fabio Capello as the best Italian managers we have seen in the past 30 years or so — although, I would point out that they all made their reputations in an era when Italian clubs could still buy the best foreign players.

Nevertheless, Everton have done well to get Ancelotti. They perhaps paid more than they wanted to, but he knows his way around big clubs and can deal with their demands, as he has already proven several times. He appears to be well-suited to what I’d call ‘modern’ management. He is non-confrontational with players and deals with the press well. He is a football man but also a PR man. He has a charm about him and and comes across as a good human being, someone you would want to play for.

Ancelotti’s stellar CV will attract players to Everton — but Champions League football would be another significant carrot.

That’s the way it has to be today, but I imagine there is still a line you can’t cross — that there is only enough rope to hang yourself with. Don’t go there and test his patience too much because he would not be slow to put you firmly back in your place if it became an issue for him. He has managed some of the best players we have seen in the past few decades, after all.
We saw a flash of Ancelotti’s anger after last Sunday’s 3-2 defeat at Arsenal, which I was at. He’s an Italian, remember, and their starting point is always not conceding. He knows his side can’t afford to lose goals like that if they want to win games, particularly as they face United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester and Tottenham in five of their next six fixtures.
I like that he didn’t dive into deals in the January window. He wants to have a good look at what he has and then decide where he must strengthen in the summer. In the meantime, he has Everton looking like a team, he gets them into a good shape when they don’t have the ball. They all seem to know what they are doing defensively and the two up front are a real threat.
My guess is he will be happy with his two strikers and his goalkeeper, which is an enormous bonus, but will be looking to improve in midfield and at the back. Jordan Pickford is definitely more of a Bruce Grobbelaar-style goalkeeper than a Ray Clemence one. Like Bruce, he has a personality perhaps more suited to being a badge-kissing centre-forward, but I don’t mind that in a goalkeeper. They need to be a bit mad to dive at people’s feet for a living.
Ancelotti has been pragmatic in his 10 games so far. When you go into a club as an experienced manager, you accept that you can’t change everything overnight, but from day one you have to come up with a system that gets the best out of what you have until you can sign players to play exactly the way you want to. You have to get the best out of the group and he has done that.
He has not followed the fashion for one striker and instead gone with a 4-4-2 because he knows that, in Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison, he has two young strikers that you wouldn’t enjoy playing against if you were a centre half because they are so athletic, mobile and powerful. He has got them running forward and playing in an aggressive style. They have quickly become a formidable partnership and, given they are both 22, they can only get better together.
Ancelotti has been in this situation many times before and at bigger clubs. He is a vastly experienced football man, so he will have already worked out what he needs for next season, unless somebody does something dramatic to change his mind between now and May.
Andre Gomes’s return from injury will strengthen his midfield but I’d still expect him to add in that area. He is getting a tune out of what he has there and also in defence, where Mason Holgate shows promise, but he will want to improve it. Ancelotti’s name alone will attract players, but qualifying for the Champions League would also be quite a carrot for them.

Decent article in the Sunday Times by Souness today

Everton to surprise tilt at Champions League qualification
Graeme Souness
Sunday February 02 2020, 12.00am, The Sunday Times

The uncertainty over Manchester City’s European ban, plus the inconsistency of Chelsea and Tottenham, has opened the Champions League door to any club that can put together a good run of results between now and the end of the season. The clubs in contention won’t be shouting about it publicly, but they will all be talking about the possibility privately.
Everton and Manchester United, who meet this afternoon, certainly come into that category. United lost 4-0 at Goodison last April and they know this game could be crucial in building the momentum to push for a top-four place, but I’ve been impressed by the job that Carlo Ancelotti has done at Everton so far and they are only five points behind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
I was surprised that Everton were able to attract the 60-year-old Italian in December because his track record makes him management royalty. He has won Serie A with Milan, the Premier League with Chelsea, Ligue 1 with Paris Saint-Germain and the Bundesliga with Bayern Munich, as well as the Champions League three times: twice with Milan and once with Real Madrid.
How could Everton’s players not be impressed by that CV? It is arguably the best in the business. What a starting point that is for them. What a chance to learn from him.
Ancelotti is up there with Arrigo Sacchi, Marcello Lippi and Fabio Capello as the best Italian managers we have seen in the past 30 years or so — although, I would point out that they all made their reputations in an era when Italian clubs could still buy the best foreign players.

Nevertheless, Everton have done well to get Ancelotti. They perhaps paid more than they wanted to, but he knows his way around big clubs and can deal with their demands, as he has already proven several times. He appears to be well-suited to what I’d call ‘modern’ management. He is non-confrontational with players and deals with the press well. He is a football man but also a PR man. He has a charm about him and and comes across as a good human being, someone you would want to play for.

Ancelotti’s stellar CV will attract players to Everton — but Champions League football would be another significant carrot.

That’s the way it has to be today, but I imagine there is still a line you can’t cross — that there is only enough rope to hang yourself with. Don’t go there and test his patience too much because he would not be slow to put you firmly back in your place if it became an issue for him. He has managed some of the best players we have seen in the past few decades, after all.
We saw a flash of Ancelotti’s anger after last Sunday’s 3-2 defeat at Arsenal, which I was at. He’s an Italian, remember, and their starting point is always not conceding. He knows his side can’t afford to lose goals like that if they want to win games, particularly as they face United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester and Tottenham in five of their next six fixtures.
I like that he didn’t dive into deals in the January window. He wants to have a good look at what he has and then decide where he must strengthen in the summer. In the meantime, he has Everton looking like a team, he gets them into a good shape when they don’t have the ball. They all seem to know what they are doing defensively and the two up front are a real threat.
My guess is he will be happy with his two strikers and his goalkeeper, which is an enormous bonus, but will be looking to improve in midfield and at the back. Jordan Pickford is definitely more of a Bruce Grobbelaar-style goalkeeper than a Ray Clemence one. Like Bruce, he has a personality perhaps more suited to being a badge-kissing centre-forward, but I don’t mind that in a goalkeeper. They need to be a bit mad to dive at people’s feet for a living.
Ancelotti has been pragmatic in his 10 games so far. When you go into a club as an experienced manager, you accept that you can’t change everything overnight, but from day one you have to come up with a system that gets the best out of what you have until you can sign players to play exactly the way you want to. You have to get the best out of the group and he has done that.
He has not followed the fashion for one striker and instead gone with a 4-4-2 because he knows that, in Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison, he has two young strikers that you wouldn’t enjoy playing against if you were a centre half because they are so athletic, mobile and powerful. He has got them running forward and playing in an aggressive style. They have quickly become a formidable partnership and, given they are both 22, they can only get better together.
Ancelotti has been in this situation many times before and at bigger clubs. He is a vastly experienced football man, so he will have already worked out what he needs for next season, unless somebody does something dramatic to change his mind between now and May.
Andre Gomes’s return from injury will strengthen his midfield but I’d still expect him to add in that area. He is getting a tune out of what he has there and also in defence, where Mason Holgate shows promise, but he will want to improve it. Ancelotti’s name alone will attract players, but qualifying for the Champions League would also be quite a carrot for them.

fair article but souness is still a complete prat.

Status
Not open for further replies.