2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
You believe wrong. So not that bizarre after all eh?

ok. Fair enough. It was your post I was mentioning.

abysmal is way OTT for me, but I understand if it’s more to do with the anger after seeing that live. You mentionbeing somebody that dislikes the manager getting all the blame, I agree, I started that Blame The Players thread because of that.

can you not understand that when you already feel fans have feck all patience to wait for things to work out that seeing Carlo Ancelotti called out for “abysmal” management ONE MONTH into his role as manager of a currently bang average prem league club with a crap team it was also like a red rag to a bull for me?

for me it’s like when we stick a young player in the team or a signing comes in and is new to the league and like 3 games in people are over analyzing and over criticizing. It drives me crazy. We are crap for a long time and barring some very un-Everton strokes of luck we are not going to get un-crap overnight.

id say we probably agree on more than not, apologies for winding you up on an already crap evening

I can't be bothered blaming Calo even for the poor sibs when he had few options, these players are the ones. They've done it time and time again

ok. Fair enough. It was your post I was mentioning.

abysmal is way OTT for me, but I understand if it’s more to do with the anger after seeing that live. You mentionbeing somebody that dislikes the manager getting all the blame, I agree, I started that Blame The Players thread because of that.

can you not understand that when you already feel fans have feck all patience to wait for things to work out that seeing Carlo Ancelotti called out for “abysmal” management ONE MONTH into his role as manager of a currently bang average prem league club with a crap team it was also like a red rag to a bull for me?

for me it’s like when we stick a young player in the team or a signing comes in and is new to the league and like 3 games in people are over analyzing and over criticizing. It drives me crazy. We are crap for a long time and barring some very un-Everton strokes of luck we are not going to get un-crap overnight.

id say we probably agree on more than not, apologies for winding you up on an already crap evening
We agree on a lot, I usually find you one of the most balanced posters on here.

I have always said the same about all of my posts on here, I post about what I see at the time. I didn’t (and I almost never do anything like that) say ancelotti is an abysmal manager. I just said it was abysmal game management, because I think it was. I think Pickford’s goalkeeping was abysmal in the last few minutes tonight but I don’t think he is an abysmal goalkeeper. I think Lucas digne’s decision to clear the ball the way he did tonight was abysmal but I don’t think he’s generally abysmal. I’m not questioning ancelotti in general but that’s the second consecutive home game where I think we’ve given up the initiative for no reason. Silva would have got pelters but ancelotti is being excused. I’m not overly happy with that.

We agree on a lot, I usually find you one of the most balanced posters on here.

I have always said the same about all of my posts on here, I post about what I see at the time. I didn’t (and I almost never do anything like that) say ancelotti is an abysmal manager. I just said it was abysmal game management, because I think it was. I think Pickford’s goalkeeping was abysmal in the last few minutes tonight but I don’t think he is an abysmal goalkeeper. I think Lucas digne’s decision to clear the ball the way he did tonight was abysmal but I don’t think he’s generally abysmal. I’m not questioning ancelotti in general but that’s the second consecutive home game where I think we’ve given up the initiative for no reason. Silva would have got pelters but ancelotti is being excused. I’m not overly happy with that.

I think Silva would have gotten pelters as he would have given loads of evidence that his teams mess up and his subs are crap.

we don’t know where the squad is at physically after the Xmas madness and rather than just being “defensive“ subs they could have been seen as necessary subs in both the last two home games. Kean and Bernard have both shown to tire quite a bit late on in games.

I would worry about it if I was watching two seasons of it and would probably be complaining too but it’s been a month and what we are watching now is unlikely to be similar to what we will be watching when the new season kicks off.

we just disagree on the subs as for me Newcastle did feck all even after the subs and the goals came from idiotic players doing idiotic things.

His substitutions are strange at the best of times, and tonight's were responsible for another embarrassing result.

The trouble started with Davies and Digne being unable to play their way up the line because Davies, who isn't even good enough to get a game in his own position, doesn't have anything close to the skill required to manoeuvre in tight spaces.

In the end, there was a full-back on the right flank, a centre midfielder on the left and a raffle winner up front, so it shouldn't take a multiple-time Champions League winner to figure out that there would be no out ball for the defence. It was so poor that Newcastle, who turned up to lose, were basically obliged to try and score despite having withdrawn their forwards.

His post-game comments about Istanbul were bizarre as well.
He was just talking Istanbul to the press...

He was just talking Istanbul to the press...

Yeah defo not thinking things thru with those comments is he.......but then again he's probably in such shock at the melting he just witnessed its probably forgivable.
As they say "he'll probably be disappointed in himself later when he looks back on that". Tough night all around.......later mates!

I think Silva would have gotten pelters as he would have given loads of evidence that his teams mess up and his subs are crap.

we don’t know where the squad is at physically after the Xmas madness and rather than just being “defensive“ subs they could have been seen as necessary subs in both the last two home games. Kean and Bernard have both shown to tire quite a bit late on in games.

I would worry about it if I was watching two seasons of it and would probably be complaining too but it’s been a month and what we are watching now is unlikely to be similar to what we will be watching when the new season kicks off.

we just disagree on the subs as for me Newcastle did feck all even after the subs and the goals came from idiotic players doing idiotic things.
The reason I rail against it is because I think it’s just an extension of the culture I hate. It’s like the cult of the personality, somebody comes in and for a while they’re the best thing since sliced bread, they can do no wrong. Then after a while when it’s not all going to plan they can do no right, and they start getting blame for stuff that’s not their fault. Silva, koeman, Martinez, Walsh, brands, moshiri have all had it. Players are the same, it’s why I can be a bit of a contrarian in the Kean thread, because we all know the same people who are saying just calm down it’s all going to come good are the same ones who will be going apoplectic if he’s only got 3/4 goals this time next year. I find it much healthier to just comment on things as they happen, not making sweeping statements or always assuming either the best or worst.

I'm sure Ancelotti will come good but he will learn from this tonight. You can't go that negative with the players we currently have. Hopefully summer will be fruitful

I totally agree. Carlo is still learning the players they will fit into his system. He had very limited options on his bench today. We played well for about 90 mins until injury time. I did not agree with his subs tonight. They were very negative, Gordon should of had some minutes before Davies or even Niasse. Carlo is doing well with the limited players he has. I am so stoked that Kean scored his first goal.

Carlo -

"There are things in football you cannot control. We conceded without any reason but the performance was good," the Italian said. "We played a fantastic game and we were unlucky but nothing changes -- our Premier League continues.

"We have to stay on the game for 90 minutes but I'm not saying anything to my players. They played well and it can happen. It's just unlucky."

He's right. It sucks, everyone is thinking about the 3 points, but Everton played well. I'd be more disappointed at the Liverpool game myself.

This is nothing for Carlo - he lost THAT Champions League Final.

He's right. It sucks, everyone is thinking about the 3 points, but Everton played well. I'd be more disappointed at the Liverpool game myself.

Suspect he said more to the players than he's letting on, that said. I wouldn't mind if he was just staying quiet and reserved with the team to see which players are happy taking a pay cheque.

Status
Not open for further replies.