2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the huge things about Ancelotti is that he speaks sense but not just that, when he speaks the fans listen because he's proven and also very likeable

With Silva he did actually speak sense in interviews but people just rolled their eyes

Long live Carlo

Which is why we won? Not to say that the last stretch of the game was the prettiest, but how many actual opportunities did they have to score after the subs were made? There was 1, and it was from a ball that somehow squeaked through 4 players.
Ok mate yeah. You still waiting for me to ‘come back with my tail between legs’ for saying our recruitment wasn’t good in the summer And we’d struggle to finish higher than 8th by the way? Hope you’ve got plenty of supplies.

It is hard to criticise someone who knows more about football than everyone on this forum put together. But I did not hear anyone around me who either understood or approved of any of his subs today, especially Bernard. But hell what do we know?

And Dunc btw.

Yes agreed, 9 points from 4 games though is a great start for Carlo considering the rubbish he has at his disposal. He feels like a lucky manager. Burnley and Brighton both missed chances at the death that you feel would have just gone in against Silva’s Everton. Momentum starts to build and before you know it you’re on a good run. If he pulls off getting us anywhere near Europe with this bunch of losers it will be a miracle from him.

The game should have been put to bed before the substitution. He adopted similar tactics against Newcastle and took the sting out of the game. Bernard started to look a bit leggy but I thought Tom looked the same to be fair. None of the subs looked comfortable and we lost our shape a bit. I think sidibe left coleman exposed. Delph didn’t settle in. Maybe due to the weeks events. But I thought we dominated the game for 70 minutes and we seen it out. Which is what counts. I have been a massive critic of siggardson but he had maybe his best game this season today in my opinion. Just how I see it and Bernard was class. playing a slightly different role drifting infield but he was sensational today.

Yes agreed, 9 points from 4 games though is a great start for Carlo considering the rubbish he has at his disposal. He feels like a lucky manager. Burnley and Brighton both missed chances at the death that you feel would have just gone in against Silva’s Everton. Momentum starts to build and before you know it you’re on a good run. If he pulls off getting us anywhere near Europe with this bunch of losers it will be a miracle from him.
One thing ive noticed ( bar the City game) 1st half in every game we have created enough chances to be out of sight.

Hence it getting a bit nervy late in the game.

I'm sure Carlo knows this and will address it in the players he brings in.
Feels like he is giving this team a chance , shape up or shape out.

Very good manager.

One thing ive noticed ( bar the City game) 1st half in every game we have created enough chances to be out of sight.

Hence it getting a bit nervy late in the game.

I'm sure Carlo knows this and will address it in the players he brings in.
Feels like he is giving this team a chance , shape up or shape out.

Very good manager.
You took the words out of my mouth. There was definitely a heightened sense of tension in the last 15 minutes of the game. It transmits on to he pitch but it’s no different any ground in the country. May have been a bit worse today considering Sundays performance though.

You took the words out of my mouth. There was definitely a heightened sense of tension in the last 15 minutes of the game. It transmits on to he pitch but it’s no different any ground in the country. May have been a bit worse today considering Sundays performance though.
True
Another goal would make a massive difference.
And I'm sure Carlo knows this.

Edit
In fact if we had another goal ( or 2) he would have put on Kean & Gordon.
As it was he couldnt , so had to bolster defence as they were starting to push.
Some might not have liked it , but defo the right calls from a tactically aware manager.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.