2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, the players confirm they are weak cowards.

The fans have brains. They shouldn't have to switch them off and happy clap after the most embarrassing performance in our history.
Weak cowards cos they don't want to be booed by thousands of people? Mate you are so out of touch it's a joke.I still play now at 44 and even at base level, negative comments and the like totally diastract you from your game. Why do you think opposition fans jeer other players? They know it gets in their heads but for some reason, thick as f*** blues think it will make them play better. Total Einsteins the lot of ya.

Take it from me, if you want a result from your players booing is the last thing you should do. It is comical that a grown man thinks negative behaviour breeds positive results.

And, Who said anything about clappy?

Not that they were right, but when it all went sour for Carlo at Chelsea, with the most arrogant self entitled group of senior players seen in the modern era, at least they could say they were serial winners year in year out. Bar Delph (who was nothing more then a squad player) and Walcott and Iwobi, none have them have the credentials to even challenge Carlo.

Thank god we have Ancelotti in charge. It’s the only positive I can think of right now. Under Silva none of this would have come to light and shown some of our senior high profile players for what they are. For a start Big Dunc wouldn’t have been given the freedom to challenge the players, Silva had him handing out bibs whereas Ancelotti seems happy to let him assert some authority. With Carlo in charge now he automatically becomes the most important person at the club - as it should be. From here, assuming he’s back sufficiently he will drag this club – kicking and screaming if necessary – back to where we want and need to be. Any of those players not on board or not up for challenge (and several showed they weren’t on Sunday) will be binned.
It will be interesting to see how the game last Sunday affects the role Duncan has to play at the club going forward.
We know from previous games that the gameplan was almost certainly not out of the Duncan Ferguson book of tactics and formation.
We have heard that he had to be almost subdued during the game by CA and we have heard Duncan informed the players of his displeasure in the dressing room after the game( in his own way I am sure).
Duncan will either become a massively import part of what is going to happen going forward or may be squeezed out depending on how his relationship with CA develops, they do seem like very different types.

If true, I suspect that this type of defiant (ludicrous) denial of having any responsibility and placing said blame on other peoples' shoulders has happened before.

It makes you consider whether Silva wasn't supported as well as he may have deserved, although that's not excusing him personally of other blame.

This report will have been almost certainly been leaked by the club, probably authorised from the higher echelons, hopefully as a catalyst for change.

"Look, they can't take responsibility for their own actions, so Carlo is going to have to be tough." They can either now toe the line or move on, being discredited.

Not that they were right, but when it all went sour for Carlo at Chelsea, with the most arrogant self entitled group of senior players seen in the modern era, at least they could say they were serial winners year in year out. Bar Delph (who was nothing more then a squad player) and Walcott and Iwobi, none have them have the credentials to even challenge Carlo.
what have Walcott or Iwobi won? Don’t think they were in any title winning teams were they? Not one player in that squad has achieved anything near what Carlo has as a player never mind his managerial career.

what have Walcott or Iwobi won? Don’t think they were in any title winning teams were they? Not one player in that squad has achieved anything near what Carlo has as a player never mind his managerial career.
FA cups. Hardly league titles like you say.

I don't understand the point?

My point was Ancelotti has had a good start all considering, 2 wins and 2 defeats to Man City and Liverpool.

Is your point that the Anfield defeat, considering their team - substantiates the narrative being built of players vs Ancelotti?

We went to Anfield with a spine of Holgate, Mina, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson - with Sidibe and Walcott on the wings. It's as bad an Everton team as I can recall.

Much has been made of Liverpools team - a team I think would see most players in our team and most in the league - and how their average age of 24 vs Everton's 26 and how our lineup cost more than theirs - and as desperately disappointing as it was to fail to take a chance to get a win there, I think we missed bigger chances under Moyes.
They also had fresher legs and that told in the last half hour.

Nobody's saying that the deliberate tactic was to be static though, more that the tactical set up may have caused us to be static.

You can't put Gylfi Sigurdsson in central midfield and then act surprised when he doesn't make himself available for the ball. He never makes himself available for the ball! It's a running joke, there are hundreds of pages on here of people talking about him never showing for the ball. It's the most obvious thing you see when you watch him.

Putting him next to Schneiderlin who also doesn't show for the ball, and hasn't passed the ball forwards since 2013, meant that we were always going to be static. Neither of them tackle either. Those two played EXACTLY like they always play, exactly like I would expect them to play. If we wanted movement off the ball and high energy pressing and tackling we shouldn't have picked them.

Agree with this. Though I'd have to say this would be on the coaches and people at the club already. They should have had the balls to say "To be honest Carlo, those two weapons are a waste of space. Don't play them together"

I doubt Ancelotti expected a £75 million midfield pairing to be quite so useless. And it's a little unfair to expect him to know that after only 3 games. He's relying on advice up to a point.

Agree with this. Though I'd have to say this would be on the coaches and people at the club already. They should have had the balls to say "To be honest Carlo, those two weapons are a waste of space. Don't play them together"

I doubt Ancelotti expected a £75 million midfield pairing to be quite so useless. And it's a little unfair to expect him to know that after only 3 games. He's relying on advice up to a point.
Yeah completely agree. I'm not meaning to have a go at Ancelotti, just pointing out that I can kind of see why the players may have questioned the plan if they were getting a real rollocking.

Hope im sitting here in 12/18/24 months time and ancelotti has got rid of 50% of this squad. Its a weird set up. When we beat chelsea the other week i was uneasy with the celebrations on the pitch like we had just won a trophy. Walcot and DCL were bouncing like they had won the league. Not saying they should not enjoy wins but it says a lot about the whole mentality of the current bunch that they go OTT with what was at the end of the day a 3 points league game. Its almost like we've turned up for once. Lets go mad.
Sweep them out Carlo.

But credentials do not come into it when you are working on a training ground. They may respect him more initially, but then he has to show the qualities of leadership that will motivate them to go out and do their jobs and train to the best of their abilities.

He’s gone from Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, ac Milan, Chelsea, Napoli et al to a club that can’t string more than 3 passes together without losing the ball.

This isn’t 60 minute makeover

And possibly to a squad that get paid, bar the huge names at the above clubs, just as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.