2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two types of player stinking out the club:

Players who have failed at big clubs and will happily down tools as we are one last big payday for them.
Players who are using us as a stepping stone for that 'bigger move'

Both sets taking massive wages and don't want to be here, we are just the best they can get financially. Is there anyone who actually wants to be at the club?

Can't think of many who fall into the category when compared versus an obvious example of like Lukaku.

What I'd give for more of them types, though. Least they're actually good.

15 players were crap bar pickford.

I didn’t even think Pickford was good.

His kicking out was atrocious as per usual.....punting toward the touchline where the best the receiver could do was keep it in play but had no control over where it went.

Practically every time he kicked long the ball was immediately coming back toward us.

The one stunning save he made was irrelevant in the greater scheme of things as VAR woukd have ruled the goal out (or it should have done at any rate but who knows o_O)..... but even that stunning non save could have led to most Everton thing ever.

If a goal had resulted from the ensuing corner.

We are in for a rough period, that's the reality of it.

Ancelotti has to work within very narrow confines, the majority of the squad have to be culled and they know it, whilst they'll continue to put their paychecks first. We still have to play most of them in the short and medium term whether we like it or not also.

On its own, that more or less guarantees that there will be a period of disharmony, or more accurately, continued disharmony. A state we have been in since 2014.

I would find it to be of extreme negligence on the clubs part if the scale of the problems were not made clear to Ancelotti before he agreed to accept the job.

If Ancelotti got the warts and all version and still said yes, then we have to trust that a man of his calibre and experience is confident that he has the tools to at least begin the process of putting sustainable fixes in place over time.

Nothing we have seen on Sunday was in any way new.

It's a non - argument, who do you listen to? - Carlo who has won everything or Championship level players who couldn't win a game of tiddly winks

I listen to the ghost of uncle leo who used to do impressions at Speke labour club during his break down his Jimmy Cagney is still marvellous

Status
Not open for further replies.