2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what some people expect off a new manager after 2 weeks working at the club with a weak fragile squad. It took Klopp a few seasons before they started to play the way they are. Remember them celebrating a draw against West Brom?

Those players though seem to panic under pressure and revert to type when it happens. Ancelotti even said they were too slow getting it forward from the back. This dithering meant our players receiving the ball to their feet were instantly under pressure from Liverpool when they were getting it, and putting the defence under pressure. Then we’d just lump it aimlessly forward and lose it again.

When Liverpool had the ball though, we closed down individually rather than as a unit (if at all), which makes it easier to play around and through.

Ancelotti has always believed in player focussed pressing though. Klopp and Guardiola don't do player focussed pressing they wait for triggers and then press as a unit.

Davies had played 90 the two games before. Bernard picked up an injury before the last game so he likely wasn't full 90 fit. Delph is Mr. Glass. Who was Ancelotti supposed to play, exactly?
In my defense, I did say this...

I can only assume, or at least I'm hoping anyways, that the starting midfield was due to fatigue or niggles. Otherwise, if that was his decision based on training performance, God help us all ;)

Some may think this crazy but I feel if big Dunc were still in charge we'd have been more likely to have gotten something from at least one of our last two games. He'd have kept it simple and played 4-4-2, selected the players that were most committed, gotten them and the fans up with more dressing room and sideline passion, made sure they didn't try to play it around at the back, got if forward quickly and hauled off those who he felt weren't giving everything.
It was particularly noteworthy how flat the team were after the half time team talk. Nothing to worry about though. Carlo will surely sort it long term and if he doesn't never mind. He'll only be the most expensive sacking in football history. :)

I'm concerned that he would start a midfield with those 3 perennial failures that have sacked 3 Managers alone really. Is Ancelotti's name and profile above criticism? You didn't see Big Dunc putting out a starting midfield like that did you?
He doesn’t have much choice though, Dunc also had no choice as Sigi and Snides where both injured, We had Davies and Holgate in midfield for Dunc.
Davis has played a lot of football and Gilfi and Snides should beat kids

The players are still crap and they let the fans down Carlo the club and themselves

Playing a RB on the wing, Again, It's worked once

Playing the two slowest midfielders we have against young kids

Second half, losing the battle in the middle, Instead of throwing Davies or Delph on to try and gives us a fighting chance he lashes another striker on

He needs to actually be backed.

And I dont mean being given 40m a pop on utter dross no other top flight team would sign.

I mean top level players. If we need 100m for a single player then do it rather than getting 3 no marks.

He'll be hurting badly after this today because hes a winner. The players unfortunately wont because they are an all round pathetic bunch bar Richarlison and a couple of others.

It’s not bottle though, it’s talent. If it was bottle they’d normally score those chances but just miss them on the big occasion. They don’t though, they miss them every week. DCL still isn’t a natural finisher, loads of people vaulted posts when he scored in a couple of successive games but a natural finisher scores today and yet again he didn’t.
They were terrified out there again and the ball was like a hot potatoes, nobody wanted it. I agree the same players like DCL are making the same mistakes, but the fight and desire we saw against chelsea was petrified out of them tonight.

Ancelotti has always believed in player focussed pressing though. Klopp and Guardiola don't do player focussed pressing they wait for triggers and then press as a unit.

That makes more sense pressing as a unit. Our midfield is that slow one pass could and does take them all out. That Lallana and the kid they had were walking through today.

Status
Not open for further replies.