2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelloti is reportedly getting paid £11.5m per annum at Everton.

Twice what he was being paid at Napoli.

There's also zero pressure on him as if he turns it around he's a hero. If he fails, well then how could anyone expect anything else with a team like this?

Worth every penny

There's also zero pressure on him as if he turns it around he's a hero. If he fails, well then how could anyone expect anything else with a team like this?

I wouldn't say there's no pressure on him, I think he'll be given time to turn it round especially coming in mid season, but he will make his own signings and once he's got his own team then I think there will be a lot of pressure, he's Carlo Anchelotti, he's spent X amount of £, he's on a lot of money for what he's doing, etc,

In the interview a couple pages back Marcotti said what we’re paying him isn’t too much more than what Napoli were... think he said something like 20-25%

In the interview a couple pages back Marcotti said what we’re paying him isn’t too much more than what Napoli were... think he said something like 20-25%
He was going on about people not understanding the difference between net and gross (because we mere mortals are all stupid). I take it he means that, after taxes, etc, he is “only” making 25 % more. Is certainly worth looking into.

FB_IMG_1577139951691.jpg

We all know we probably had to pay a bit of a premium to get him due to the fact it’s mid-season and we aren’t exactly in the CL spots. If he’s successful then it’s good value. So let’s hope he is.

It's what you have to pay for a top player. No other industry pays its manager less than its workers. It may be a lot of money (it is) but nothing compared to the senior directors in large mega corporations.

Money is not really the issue, can he deliver? Well the answer is that we have a higher chance of him delivering (track record) than any other manager in the world. Worth a financial punt, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.