2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the way he shut that reporter down who mentioned he’d ‘only ever managed top clubs’ by mentioning his time at the likes of Parma. Clearly the reporter hasn’t done his research and is going along with all the other media journalist and pundit narratives that he’s just a manager who takes over top teams when they are purposely built and wins trophies.
PSG weren't a 'big club' when he went there. Everton aren't perennial strugglers and usually finish in the top half of this league. I'm still to hear a
definition of 'big club'. Does 9 championships in more seasons than any other club in the top flight including 65 continuous seasons in it qualify?

Today was supposed to be about winning some silly competition in the middle of a desert in Qatar against some teams they dug up somewhere so they could all earn lots of money.

Instead the story is about Ancelotti joining Everton as manager and the planning permission being submitted for the new ground... no wonder they are a bit peed off.

Moshiri has delivered for Everton , it is now time for Everton to deliver for the fans.
I do think that Liverpool supporters are looking at what is happening at Everton and scratching their heads. For too long we talked big but acted small. Finally, we are seeing promises being delivered on, the appointment of a manager who is amongst the very elite but more importantly the development of the new ground in an iconic site.
This is a game changer in terms of status and profile, I wish it was bigger but you can't have everything.

You obviously didn't give it much thought. and it it's surprising that an Everton supporter would respond with
that answer, and so quickly.

I didn't need to give it thought. We categorically are not, but we're starting to behave a lot more like one which is what we all want to see.

Being in the top flight for an extended period, alone, does not make anyone a big club. The number of league titles means nothing if the last thing won was 25 years ago and we haven't had back to back seasons in Europe in over 10 years.

These historical wins are still important, but to be considered a 'big club' then you must have recent success too, as that will always trump historical success.

No top players are knocking down Huddersfield, Villa, Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday's doors down over Spurs, City, Chelsea or Leicester, even though the former clubs have won far more league titles.

In any case, It's a separate issue from the main topic so I don't want to dwell on it.

what a twit that 3rd journo was,sounded like some of the bitter kopites i work with!

I don't think he presented it very well at all, but he did ask questions that I kind of wanted an answer too and believe he actually got the most real answer from Carlo. However, I do get what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.