2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first manager that i will definitely be patient with. He was given a 4 and a 1/2 year contract for a reason and he needs to be given as much time as it takes imo. Practically the whole team needs rebuilding and he will be lucky to make a dent in that in even 2 transfer windows. It is probably going to be a lengthy process and one that i am looking forward to with enthusiasm. Just having him in charge is a massive buzz and fills me with confidence that we are in very safe hands. Whatever he says is fine with me.

First press conference tomorrow morning as the Everton Manager which should be interesting.

It is like a brand new fresh start after years of going nowhere. I haven't been this excited since we won the FA Cup in 95 tbh.

As well as a better mentality and more tactical management in game. I hope the fitness people he is bringing in are better than what Silva had. Silva's fitness regime and medical staff, plus the low intensity and quality of our preseason has clearly affected our season, the players ability to play at a consistently high level and the amount of injuries we are getting. I was questioning this before he got the sack but was told it wasn't a issue. But squad fitness and intensity is clearly a major issue.

As well as a better mentality and more tactical management in game. I hope the fitness people he is bringing in are better than what Silva had. Silva's fitness regime and medical staff, plus the low intensity and quality of our preseason has clearly affected our season, the players ability to play at a consistently high level and the amount of injuries we are getting. I was questioning this before he got the sack but was told it wasn't a issue. But squad fitness and intensity is clearly a major issue.
Yes please. A fit and well-conditioned squad should be the absolute minimum requirement at this level. Not just Silva to blame but Koeman and Martinez before him.

Everton fans patient with the manager?? Not a chance.

I’m not a fan of Michael Keane for example ( never have been), but he’s been utterly destroyed of confidence by those same Everton fans who were bigging him up last season. He’s terrified of the ball coming to him now.
If we were to lose the next couple of games against teams we should beat, questions will be asked. As it happens, I think we will beat both Burnley and Newcastle and probably give City a run for their money.
Ancelotti is a fantastic appointment, and I reckon he will kick start a positive new era. However, it requires PATIENCE from our fans.

Everton fans patient with the manager?? Not a chance.

I’m not a fan of Michael Keane for example ( never have been), but he’s been utterly destroyed of confidence by those same Everton fans who were bigging him up last season. He’s terrified of the ball coming to him now.
If we were to lose the next couple of games against teams we should beat, questions will be asked. As it happens, I think we will beat both Burnley and Newcastle and probably give City a run for their money.
Ancelotti is a fantastic appointment, and I reckon he will kick start a positive new era. However, it requires PATIENCE from our fans.

Yep, as soon as he gave that corner when he came on, you could see his body language was terrified.

Yes please. A fit and well-conditioned squad should be the absolute minimum requirement at this level. Not just Silva to blame but Koeman and Martinez before him.
It's no coincidence the best and hardest preseason we had was the first season under Martinez, the second and third were poor which probably didn't help.

Oh, he should get a year+ minimum. You could argue that the previous managers being unknowns would have a shorter leash but this is Carlo Ancelotti. He should get however long he wants.

I meant along the lines of the players won't really be familiar with his ideas at Burnley or even the FA Cup match against the RS. I was thinking like March or so before we really see Carloball.
1st line sounds like a prison term

Status
Not open for further replies.