2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the players have questioned carlo cos they will have exposed themselves and they can leave. Fancy questioning a manager who won everything within weeks. These players cant even win a game when they go down 1
Spot on with that. Hopefully he has told them players to find a new club and jog on.

Finally someone with a logic
The one tactic I did not understand on Sunday was the multi pass thing at the back, not moving forward and the losing the ball....it is clear we do not have the quality to play this way....also, a worry for me, is that after a couple of months, Ancelotti could realise he has made a mistake and just walk

To those questioning Ancelotti's tactics:

Do you think Klopp had long to prepare his tactics against us? They've been the busiest team on the planet for the last 5 weeks. That XI they played against us will never, ever line up together again. He needed to rest his better players and do picked a bunch of reserves and youth players and most likely told them to target our (many) weak areas and put in a high-energy performance.

Ancelotti would have told our spineless bunch to expect them to press us but remain calm and play like we did against Chelsea. It's not his fault that the players are incapable of passing the football to each other or refuse to put in the hard work. Running is not a skill and is the very minimum you can expect from each player, yet they displayed no willingness to do even that. His team knows each other's game and has played together many times. He can't help it if they get to Anfield and, once again, freeze under the atmosphere and refuse to out-fight their opponents.

He tried to change things up by bringing off our poorest players, but it was too late and their replacements also refused to put in any work.

The saving grace is he'll now officially know which players he wants to keep. Hopefully it's very few of them.
Well, we were crying out for long balls from the backthe moment it became eveident we could not handle their press yet the call never came. You could see jord and Mina looking totally lost. I have been told to give you the ball but they are on you like flies. About twice in the whole game did we go long and hit our front 2 even though they had the worst defence possible and DCL is in a bit of form.

Players should be booed against Brighton. Especially the 'senior players'.
Yet they will be given, as usual, a heroes' reception. Sigurdsson will stroll over to take a corner and he'll feel 10 feet tall when he's applauded and people are there taking photos of his every move. It's no wonder they have settled into a can't work, won't work mindset - it doesn't matter if they win or not, they're still taking home their riches.

Looks like we have tried for a couple of years to get a Top Top manager, now we have him.
We went from bargain basement recruitment to having money overnight. Unfortunately, we have had to pay over the odds for lesser teams better players, and better teams reserves. Once ee get past the mercenary stage, we hopefully should see a stronger squad emerge and a togetherness. Reckon Dunc getting into them will only highlight to Ancelotti, those that care, those with ego's and any leaders... All healthy stuff to know.
I have faith in Carlo, Brands and Moshiri to get this right over time. Unfortunately standing there on Sunday hating being an Evertonian is a feeling we will have to endure a little longer before success sees us all on 3 day benders hanging off lampposts crying tears of joy.

It's all part of Carlo's masterplan. Throw the cup game and send Dunc in to find out which players are rats so he can ship them off to Newcastle and Palace. I've heard he's up there with the best of all time for man management, but this is next level.

A mali estremi, estremi rimedi, Carlo.

Well, we were crying out for long balls from the backthe moment it became eveident we could not handle their press yet the call never came. You could see jord and Mina looking totally lost. I have been told to give you the ball but they are on you like flies. About twice in the whole game did we go long and hit our front 2 even though they had the worst defence possible and DCL is in a bit of form.
How do u know? You weren’t there

No manager in England will tell his players to boot the ball aimlessly upfield, though. Pickford tried it a few times, and the strikers were nowhere to be seen. I agree it may have been better for us, but without a midfield to win second balls or basically do anything, no tactic was going to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.