Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Moyes did a fantastic job at the club as a young, up and coming manager but then he showed his limitation. He reached his limit and couldn't push on any further.
I disagree he reached his limit. The club had no money to give him to fund further purchases to improve the squad. That is the main reason he left. Rather ironic, as had he held on he would have benefited from the Moshiri era and would have spent the cash much better than Walsh and Koeman.

Unpopular opinion but this could be one of the worst appointments in the PL for a long time. Sorry to be a miserable git but out of all the possible up and coming young talented managers, we have decided to hire a dinosaur, who is clearly past his expiry date. I wanted a young up and coming manager like Rodgers, Eddie Howe, Nagelsmann, Pochettino, who have a good attacking philosophy and showed time and time again what they are capable of, in terms of building teams with limited resources. Sure, some of those managers are not available right now but there's always a chance of bringing them in the summer. We've rejected this idea and decided to go for a manager, who is basically a "cheque-book" manager. Managed to turn a great Napoli side under Sarri, into one of the most uninspiring teams in Italy; absolutely downgraded them. Liverpool had the chance of appointing either Ancelotti or Klopp, when they sacked Rodgers back in 2015, and 4 years on, they are on their way to creating a dynasty under Klopp.

Did you know pessimists have lower life expectancies?

As do Norwegians on this forum.

I disagree he reached his limit. The club had no money to give him to fund further purchases to improve the squad. That is the main reason he left. Rather ironic, as had he held on he would have benefited from the Moshiri era and would have spent the cash much better than Walsh and Koeman.
Didn't he screw the club over by not renewing his contract, not giving any indication he was leaving, and then joining Man United leaving very little time to get a new manager in, and a busted transfer window? Why would we have him back?

Didn't he screw the club over by not renewing his contract, not giving any indication he was leaving, and then joining Man United leaving very little time to get a new manager in, and a busted transfer window? Why would we have him back?

Moyes also said it was a surprise when ManUre came in for him, but later, Alex Ferguson said that he had spoken to him months before summer and told him the job was his if he wanted it. In the end, Moyes shafted us and lied...

Made up we’re getting him, the best we could have hoped for by some margin. But, there is doubts about him, as there is with pretty much every manager. I’m a little concerned how his last 2 jobs have turned out, alienating the players at Munich And God knows what happened at Napoli. Wherever he’s been hes had some of the best players in Europe, he has managed the top clubs in Spain, Italy, Germany, France and over here where it has been odds on he’ll win Titles. He’s achieved pretty much par wherever he‘s been, the Champions Leagues he’s won we’re hardly surprising at them clubs. So I can understand fans having concerns about him coming here for a big pay day as he’s never really been to a Club outside the top 2 or 3. But fans raising concerns getting accused of not being fans because they’re not getting carried away by it is ridiculous. Anyway, we’ve got one of the best in the business, concerns? yes, but id have little concerns if we got Pep or signed Messi because I’m a pessimist and always looking for negatives.

Moyes left Everton to go to the richest club on the planet and didn't manage to find success. He spent £30m of their cash on Fellaini.

Unpopular opinion but this could be one of the worst appointments in the PL for a long time. Sorry to be a miserable git but out of all the possible up and coming young talented managers, we have decided to hire a dinosaur, who is clearly past his expiry date. I wanted a young up and coming manager like Rodgers, Eddie Howe, Nagelsmann, Pochettino, who have a good attacking philosophy and showed time and time again what they are capable of, in terms of building teams with limited resources. Sure, some of those managers are not available right now but there's always a chance of bringing them in the summer. We've rejected this idea and decided to go for a manager, who is basically a "cheque-book" manager. Managed to turn a great Napoli side under Sarri, into one of the most uninspiring teams in Italy; absolutely downgraded them. Liverpool had the chance of appointing either Ancelotti or Klopp, when they sacked Rodgers back in 2015, and 4 years on, they are on their way to creating a dynasty under Klopp.
Hahahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.