Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an argument which is my thinking on this, can he do it at a club without a superstar squad?, that's the question.

As far as experience goes he's got it in spades at the very top level.

As I said yesterday it reinforces the notion Usmanov is pulling the strings, because there is no way Ancelotti entertains a move to us without knowing there is significant backing for transfers, he will look at our last two games against top opponents, look at the squad and think I can do something here with a few quid backing on transfers.

I don't think our squad is as bad as some make out, it's top 8, we just need a proper manager to transform our performances to where they should be.

Unlikely for three reasons:
1. Ancelotti will command a huge fee so big money unlikely to be available
2. Who is signing for Everton in January who will improve Everton? Where are these players coming from and why are clubs selling them?
3. FFP
1.Alisher says hello
2 Zlatan
3 Do a PSG and CITEH on FFP
IF this Iranian lad has the dough (or his Uzbexi (sp) buddy

Excellent manager, looking very much forward to it. He'll assess the squad this season and surely improve it for the next.

Forza Carlo

...I have to say, I know little about Ancelotti’s methods, but from some posts he doesn’t engage in training and is a bit soft when it comes to discipline. With Brands doing all the transfer dealings, it won’t leave Ancelotti with much to do!!

I suspect and hope he’s tactically very astute, its difficult to see him being so successful by merely being a good delegator. Saying that, you’re often only as good as the people you have working for you.

If he has a set team who hes worked with for years, him asking his staff to do their jobs isn't really a problem as he'll trust them to train the players properly.

He wouldn't take this job if there wasn't any money.
The squad needs a overhaul, and he sees it as a challenge. He usually inherits great teams so doesn't need to buy.

The club will take a ffp fine and possible 1 year European ban in order to go for the top 4 next season.

Ancelotti won't wait 1 or 2 seasons to build a team he will build the team straight away.
Oh right...

Not sounding like a pessimist but it's all the same with continental coaches who wants to play possession football and neat triangles.

Then they realise we have neither speed, power nor technically sound players to fulfill their vision, and so they splash crazy money for one person in January and things still fall apart.

Sometimes it's okay to play with passion and to win ugly, in my opinion.

All the best to mr ancelotti and I hope he proves me wrong.

I can't believe people have even a single thread of concern about this or don't actually want him.

To be fair, people were unsure about Eto'o as well and they were ultimately proved to be correct when he flaked out in spectacular fashion

So I totally get why there are some who are wary

Personally I think this is really exciting, but it's not like those expressing doubts are out to lunch or something

Seems like BIG money promised...

Very big backing mate...Usi loves having a laugh at what these two goons have to say on the club.

He wouldn't take this job if there wasn't any money.
The squad needs a overhaul, and he sees it as a challenge. He usually inherits great teams so doesn't need to buy.

The club will take a ffp fine and possible 1 year European ban in order to go for the top 4 next season.

Ancelotti won't wait 1 or 2 seasons to build a team he will build the team straight away.

You can only get a European ban for failing European FFP. We aren't in Europe. Most we can get for domestic is a fine 1st time around points off the second.

#

I dont get all the complaints about him being hands off. Ferguson was hands off, he let his first team coach carry out the training that he wanted them to work on. He's what, the most successful british manager ever? Managers have a coaching staff for that reason and if he has a team that he trusts to carry out the training required, then it leaves him with more time to study opponents, prepare for games etc.

I think it helped Ferguson's longevity, because he could swap his assistant and coaches to keep things fresh.

With Ancelotti I just hope he brings in a good assistant with him who can speak the same language as him. I remember at Chelsea they were flying until Chelsea got rid of Wilkins and suddenly it all went pear shaped, it was felt that Wilkins was the middle man for 'the message'. Similar is said about Clement in Germany. I'm sure the club willlet him appoint his own coaching team.

Why are people getting arsey that some posters have concerns? People aren't saying he's crap or not good enough but it's perfectly reasonable to have certain questions about what he can do with a squad like ours when you look at his past managed teams most (apart from Napoli) have elite players. I wasn't convinced at first but I've been swayed because why the hell not? We've gone for the possible potential in Martinez and Silva and gone for the well respected at the time in Koeman, We're 16th in the league and about to appoint possibly one of the best managers to grace football it's a bloody miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.