Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did happen at Napoli? The only time i watched them was against the RS and they looked good, far more tactically aware of klopps tactics than anyone else
They won 1 in 9 in the league I think and I know they had a lot of issues from the top and players going on strike etc so maybe not his fault. The thing I like about Italian managers is they know how to set up a defence. I think this would represent a shrewd bit of business personally and I think that he will come in attract top players even without European football. This could be where we start doing what Man City did

What’s the deal with Napoli? Is there any messy compensation to sort out ala Marco Silva. Could that be the reason for the rather random statement just as it was getting interesting?

I don’t think there will be one!
Seems hugely unlikely that we’ve tapped him up on the sly like we did with Marco to make him blow up at Napoli btw!

Napoli for him at the end was a poison chalice! The board and fans were clashing, he was clashing, he wanted out by all accounts. Thee fans were unhappy. He was unhappy. The players were unhappy too.

napoli sacked him due to performances. That’s it. No compo needed.

I've said before and will say again that I don't believe this is a good fit for Everton if he joins. Yes he has great experience and an amazing cv. But this is a totally different job to what hes used to.

One thing that the majority of people lack is perspective. Ancelotti has managed teams who expected to win trophies and its fair to say he did a good job at most clubs he was at gaining them trophies.

David moyes at everton was expected to keep everton in the premier league and then expected to get top half finishes or top 6 he regularly achieved that feat. It's all relative.

To think ancelotti will come into everton and we will start winning trophies instantly because hes won trophies before is fantasy.

On a positive I would hope him being here would give us better leverage in the transfer market and it could be part of his terms that he is given a fair wedge to spend in the summer. It's certainly not a bad appointment and I will fully support him.

On the negative i would have concerns with his motivation at this moment in time coming from a squad of much better players at napoli and whether we get the best out of him. Is he past his sell by date? Is this job too big a job for him right now and will he be able to get out of the players what big dunc has been getting??

It's all about profile mate, he is the name we need to raise our profile. He should be able to attract bigger name players. This is huge for our profile in world football.

If anything the statement confirmed to me that we have at least spoken to Ancelotti. And everything coming from Italy seems to suggest he is open to taking the job.

Yeah after doing furter reading, I'm quitely confident he will come. Just got the old 'Everton that' head on when I read the statement first thing.

It's all about profile mate, he is the name we need to raise our profile. He should be able to attract bigger name players. This is huge for our profile in world football.
And that's the crux of it I guess...I'm not convinced he alone would shoot us up the table...but by lord we will deffo again respect and profile..them alone is something we have not had in an age. Yup your point has changed my mind on him.
Get him signed Moshi !!

I don't think Ancelotti is a long-term plan, but might be a good 18 month option to get us back into good habits.

I want what Moyes rebuilt and that Big Dunc has inspired. That's Everton for me, and the challenge that needs to be in every player, fan and manager's mind when they see Goodison on the fixture list. A tear up, that they'll do well not to lose.

I don't think Ancelotti can do that, but teaching us how to defend and move the ball again would be good start, and he'll probably get something out of Kean more than we've seen to date,

Status
Not open for further replies.